Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bhryun

Who's got your heart? (A male and female question)

Past Foreign & Hollywood: Jeanne Moreau, Monica Vitti, Brigitte Bardot, Audrey Hepburn, Sophia Loren, Veronica Lake, Bette Davis, Marilyn Monroe.

Present Hollywood: Jennifer Connelly, Kate Beckinsale, Kiera Knightley, Amanda Peet, Scarlet Johansson.

Future Foreign & Hollywood: Eva Green (Bertolucci's "The Dreamers"), Mischa Barton.

Clause: the names listed above are based primarily on beauty rather than talent regardless of the fact that some of the individuals named have perfected their craft (as one can see with the progression (or degression?!) from past to future!). therefore i ask that you not compare them as such, but rather to free your primal instincts and seek a more mundane opinion of them, in this instance, as i have in mysoginistic objectivity. thank you.

For me its a tie between William Holden and Joel McCrea.

If I were a guy I'd have to say Constance Bennett, hands down. She was classy, sophisticated, not to mention enormously talented.

oh gosh:

Claude Rains

William Powell

Gary Cooper

Gregory Peck

Jimmy Stewart

Gene Kelly

Buster Keaton

Laurance Olivier

Spencer Tracy

Now how, after all those wonderful MEN, do we end up with someone like Orlando Bloom running the scene???

Heaven, I'm in heaven, and my heart beats so................

Twelve (12!!!!) hours of Warren William on Dec. 2...................that I can hardly speak.........

:)

Unfortunately, all the men are gone to that great silver screen in the sky, except Gregory Peck, I think he might still be alive. I have to say that of the major "leading men" around nowadays, orlando bloom is one of the better ones. Some of these young guys that get gushed over, the only thing they have going for them is their looks, and some don't even have that. Of course, I speak from the ripe old age of 42 (at least the most of the girls I work with think it's old).

Strictly on sex appeal:

Past: Gene Tierney, Grace Kelly, Audrey Hepburn, and Sophia Loren.

Present: Monica Bellucci, Maggie Cheung, Halle Berry, and Salma Hayek.

I would have to say

Douglas Fairbanks.... not Junior

Gregory Peck

Cary Grant

Errol Flynn

Jimmy Cagney

Ronald Colman

For the Women

Judy Garland

Audrey Hepburn

Jeanette McDonald

Lillian Gish

Olivia De havilland

Anne Shirley

Robert Montgomery?he was SO handsome. He was kind of underrated as an actor. I loved hiim in "Man in Possession" and "Hide-Out," two very cute and funny films.

Charles Boyer, especially in "Mayerling," "Love Affair," and "Liliom" where he performed brilliantly and looked great too.

I can't believe you picked my two favs. I love Hide-Out too and now I have to see Man in Possession from your recommendation. I would suggest History is Made at Night if you're a Boyer fan. He's so handsome and charming in it.

The couple that stole my heart (aside from The Charles) is The Potters in Holiday (1938). Edward Everett Horton and Jean Dixon. I love watching either of them in anything. I think Peter Lorre would've been fun to know. Gary Cooper in High Noon was the most handsome. I love watching the dancers, too. Debbie Reynolds was awesome! Yay, I'm so happy I can watch them on TCM!

Guys:

William Holden

Robert Redford

Marlon Brando

Fred Astaire

Johnny Depp

Dolls:

Grace Kelly

Audrey Hepburn

Norma Shearer

Rosiland Russell

Reese Witherspoon

It is surprising we have the same two favorites, although maybe not since both were handsome, debonair and intelligent.

I did get to see Boyer in "History is Made at Night" and yep he sure was dashing and handsome in it. He also had great chemistry with Jean Arthur?too bad it was their only film together.

You probably already know "The Man in Possession" will air in January. It has a clever and witty script, too (no wonder since some of it was written by P. G. Wodehouse) and a terrific cast. I'm certainly looking forward to January's RM line up!

I just got to see The Man in Possession, and found it wonderfully charming and very sexy. Robert Montgomery was adorable in it, and I laughed aloud several times.

Speaking of Montgomery, does anyone know if he is actually visible in The Single Standard, his very first movie? I know he is listed as an extra, but I haven't yet spotted him.

My favorites are

ladies

Claudette Colbert

Dorothy Lamour

Jean Harlow

Mary Pickford

men

Tyrone Power

Jeffrey Hunter

Robert Taylor

Gary Cooper

For the guys :

Cary Grant. He is number one on my list..

Clark Gable

Jimmy Stewart

For the girls:

Ginger Rogers <3.

Audrey Hepburn

Barbara Stanwyck

Gene Tierney

Claudette Colbert

m: james dean

marlon brando

errol flinn

cary grant

f: audrey hepburn

grace kelly

natalie wood

rita hayworth

dorothy dandridge

Oh gosh...Fred Astaire for his dancing and heart-felt singing, Allan Jones for his singing, Bill Shirley for HIS singing (voice of Freddy in My Fair Lady and Prince Philip in Sleeping Beauty).

Gregory Peck for his natural-ness (if that's a word) Jimmy Stewart and Cary Grant.

oh yeah..and Donald O'Connor

Message was edited by:

mbmuva

Joaquin Phoenix---the next Brando!

Pernell Roberts....a talent wasted.

Michael Landon, watch Bonanza just to look at him.

Gail Russell--had everything but a sad ending

Ginger Rogers..great at so many things

Paulette Goddard..seems like a fun & positive person

Well, I have a lot of people. Gene Kelly, Pernell Roberts, Bob Hope, bing Crosby, Michael Landon, Dan Blocker, Fred Astaire, Abbott and Costello. Ok I have loads more but not going to list anymore.

Number one is Lesily Howard., Errol Flynn, Howard Keel,Cary Grant, Jack Lemon,

Jimmy Stewart and Richard Harris. I love a lot more but these are my favorite

movie stars of all time.