Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Who's got your heart? (A male and female question)

Although Cary Grant is my favorite male actor and there are several other male actors that I like for one reason or another, my heart goes to Glenn Ford. He's a real man and I just love those dimples. (The sheepman) is one of my favorite Glenn Ford movies.

Message was edited by:

mrssippy

• 3 weeks later...

My heart currently belongs to Robert Montgomery. He is so charming and can also be scary and mysterious.

But for ongoing pleasure it has to be William Powell. He gets to me all the time. Much more debonair than even Cary Grant, to me. The mustache, the manner of speech and his elegance just knocks me out.

On the women's side, it's much harder. I would have to go with my first love, Ingrid Bergman. That face. Probably the most beautiful ever to grace a screen. More than Garbo, Liz Taylor or Vivien Leigh. Perfect.

All the dames in all the pre-codes and film-noirs that came down the pike.

Of all the living rooms in all the towns in all the world... they had to come into mine.

Play it again, Sam. If they can stand it, so can I.

• 4 weeks later...

While most teenage girls are out mooning after Ashton Kutcher, my heart's in the grave with Larry Olivier and Clark Gable..... Heart-throbs. *dream-land* Actors today just aren't what they used to be. *sigh* Someone once asked me who I thought to be the sexiest star, and I replied, "Sir Olivier", and they looked at me like I was crazy...

My favorite leading lady is, of course, Vivien Leigh. She's absolutely my idol; the only reason I've continued acting after I was removed from the cast of a play not that long ago is because I thought of Vivien dahling.....

Message was edited by:

Lil_Scarlett

men:

Rock Hudson

Cary Grant

Clark Gable

Robert Taylor

Gregory Peck

Jimmy Stewart

Robert Montgomery

women:

Bette Davis

Vivien Leigh

Elizabeth Taylor

Greer Garson

Natalie Wood

Joan Crawford

Norma Shearer

Message was edited by:

Kathcat

Message was edited by:

Kathcat

Who won't want to live on The Ponderosa, with Pernell Roberts & Michael Landon.

My heart rate sure went up, while watching Roberts, on Trapper John MD.

Walnut Grove, would be the town I'd call home, just to be near Landon.

Pernall Roberts, Robert Concard, Robert Wagner, Robert Urich, all my favorites. The Robert, who has my heart, is our oldest son.

Katherine Hepburn, Barbara Stanwyck, Ginger Rogers.

Johnny Mack Brown--he, of the knockout torso and dazzling smile--wins my vote as most beautiful male in film history. I would follow him with buster Crabbe and Charles Starrett, both of who specialized in baring their physiques-for us panting sinners.Crabbe portrayed Tarzan in l933 and wore probably the skimpiest loin-cloth ever seen on men, then and now. Very little was left to the imagination. Starrett had that mind-boggling scene in "Mask of Fu Manchu" (1931) where he's tied nearly naked to a torture table while Myrna Loy runs her eager hands over his beautiful flesh. Starrett undulates and writhes like a hootchie-kootchie boy. Buddy Rogers, who later married Mary Pickford, was also adorable. The men today don't do anything for me.

Stoneyburke, your mention of the adorable Robert Fuller reminded me of yet another glorious male beauty: Clint Walker. I used to await his big moment in each episode of his series, "Cheyenne," where he'd doff his shirt and thrill us all with his bigger-than-life torso. Sadly, I've seen recent pictures of him and he looks ready for the mausoleum if he's not already there. He's also become rabidly anti-gay which is sad, since gay men have always accounted for a large part of his fandom.

How nice that you know Robert Fuller, patypancake, much less think he is adorable! I can still see me sneaking off to bed, catching a glimpse of Jess Harper on the family's 14" b/w teevee where my father watched Laramie (never Gunsmoke, which he thought a soap opera, but Laramie and Bonanza) and the family never got to choose the tv program, not letting on that I thought Bob was the most gorgeous man in the world.

And how right I was, that I still think he was (and is) gorgeous, 105 years (okay, 42) later!!

Ouch. I'm so sorry to hear that about Clint Walker, both his physical and his psychical demise. Perhaps he doth protest too much?

Oh look! A thread that's right up my alley! :)

Lemme see....

Well, the short-list would definitely be:

1. Charles Boyer - even his voice makes me melt. *lol* He can speak, and immediately the air is filled with passion. And alot of his films are such juicy chick flicks - "Love Affair", "All This and Heaven Too" (I always cry!), "Hold Back the Dawn"...the list goes on and on. In my opinion Charles Boyer and Clark Gable are by far the Sexiest Men Who Ever Lived. :D

2. Clark Gable - don't really think this needs much explanation. Everything about him is simply fantastic.

3. Errol Flynn - my favorite 'bad boy' of classic film...or really, EVER. Bad...but adorable at the same time. And good lord, he had a smile that could make my knees give way.

4. Humphrey Bogart - There was always something about him that I just thought was cool. He always came across as tough...but with a good heart underneath it all (Well, okay...maybe not in Sierra Madre :P )

5. Glenn Ford - he has always seemed 'mysterious' to me for some reason. Might be because of Gilda or something....

My fav has always been Cary Grant. Who could look better in a tux? Black and white movies or color it didn't matter. He was soo handsome. He was suave, sexy, and could be funny too! (sigh!) If only there was a Cary Grant for all of us old movie fans!

But I have to say that Robert Taylor (without the moustache) is also so handsome! The first time I watched "Small Town Girl" (1936) and he pulls up to the sidewalk with Janet Gaynor standing there my heart literally jumped he looked so handsome! If you've never seen it, make it a must!

Cary Grant, always. Anyone who knows me, knows that answer. He can make me.....laugh, cry, melt,etc. To hear his voice makes me....smile. Even in,his most serious moments of a movie. His voice is...calming. I'm glad his movies live on.

gmabfd, wasn't Cary amazing? I am always amazed at his versatility. Comedy or drama, he could do it and make it look easy.

Whereas Gable (to me, to me) never seemed to be anything but Gable, Grant, for all his gorgeous face and star power, could actually melt into his character. That is not an easy feat to achieve when you looked like Grant or were Grant. Bogey had that same ability. They were true actors.

Add to that the fact that he was drop dead gorgeous (especially at a certain point in his life, like Topper) and well, there you have it. Grant is the best.

I read a review of a Grant bio once where the reviewer described him as "making men seem like a good idea."

I'm in lust with Harlow, Shearer, Kay Fwancis, Audrey Hepburn, Katherine Hepburn, Alice Terry, Barbara Stanwyck, and others too numerous to mention.

Cary Grant by far has always and will always have my heartstrings. The partnership between him and Katherine Hepburn in Holiday, Bringing Up Baby, and The Philadelphia Story are so amazing. I swoon, literally, for him in Arsenic and Old Lace, and it only got better from there.

Other than him I would have to say Montgomery Clift (especially in The Search), Errol Flynn, Charlie Chaplin, Douglas Fairbanks, Jr.. Oh and I just saw today a movie with Guy Maddison(sp?). Okay I ought to stop there because I'm going to have list three miles long.

Man I was born in the wrong era!!!! The heck with scrawny actors like Orlando Bloom give me a man like Cary Grant please!

I agree ladies, the men were men back then. I'll have to throw in my nickels worth on the guys and gals...

Of course these are in no particular order, just depends on my mood! LOL

Cary Grant, Laurence Olivier, Robert Mitchum, Robert Taylor.

Jean Harlow, Ann Sheridan, Vivian.

As for the new guys...I'm smitten with Gary Oldman.

Sigh...

James Garner, all guy. He use to do all his own stunts, then. I started watching him alittle earlier. He was in quite a few movies, before his series. Lucky for us, he continued to do movies, after Rockford. "One Special Night," was made for tv. He's reunited with Julie Andrews again. "The Notebook", is my favorite of his now. Then or now, drama or comedy, I have always loved his voice. Here's to you, Jim-Bo.