Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

OMG! Glued to TCM all day this Saturday!!!! Dig it!!

markbeckuaf

Wow!!! After a pretty rough week for me in a lot of ways, I'm looking forward to TCM giving me that boost that I know I'll get with a totally groovalicious Saturday lineup, starting in the wee hours at 3:15am EST, wow!!!! What a killer lineup!!! Everything you could want, from pre-codes, to gangsters, to detective mysteries, to dramas, to noir, to horror, to sci-fi big monster flix!!! Outrageous!!! Turning off the phone, lockin' the door and stayin' indoors all day long!!! Diggin' it!!!

Here's the lineup, it will knock your socks off and rock ya around the block!!! TCM rules!

3:15 AM Burn, Witch, Burn (1962)

A skeptical college professor discovers that his wife has been practicing magic for years.

Dir: Sidney Hayers Cast: Janet Blair , Peter Wyngarde , Margaret Johnston .

BW-89 mins, TV-14, Letterbox Format

6:00 AM Public Enemy, The (1931)

An Irish-American street punk tries to make it big in the world of organized crime.

Dir: William A. Wellman Cast: James Cagney , Jean Harlow , Edward Woods .

BW-84 mins, TV-PG, CC,

7:30 AM Maltese Falcon, The (1931)

In the first screen version of The Maltese Falcon, detective Sam Spade investigates the theft of a priceless statue.

Dir: Roy Del Ruth Cast: Bebe Daniels , Ricardo Cortez , Dudley Digges .

BW-79 mins, TV-G, CC,

9:00 AM Cornered (1946)

A World War II veteran hunts down the Nazi collaborators who killed his wife.

Dir: Edward Dmytryk Cast: Dick Powell , Walter Slezak , Micheline Cheirel .

BW-103 mins, TV-PG, CC,

10:45 AM Five Little Peppers at Home (1940)

Five siblings enlist a crusty old businessman to help save their mother from bankruptcy.

Dir: Charles Barton Cast: Edith Fellows , Dorothy Ann Seese , Clarence Kolb .

BW-67 mins, TV-G,

12:00 PM Saint Strikes Back, The (1939)

The Saint helps a young beauty take vengeance on the mobsters who ruined her father.

Dir: John Farrow Cast: George Sanders , Wendy Barrie , Jerome Cowan .

BW-64 mins, TV-G, CC,

1:15 PM King Kong (1933)

A film crew discovers the "eighth wonder of the world," a giant prehistoric ape, and brings him back to New York, where he wreaks havoc.

Dir: Merian C. Cooper Cast: Fay Wray , Robert Armstrong , Bruce Cabot .

BW-105 mins, TV-PG, CC,

3:15 PM Reflections In A Golden Eye (1967)

A military officer becomes obsessed with an enlisted man.

Dir: John Huston Cast: Elizabeth Taylor , Marlon Brando , Brian Keith .

C-109 mins, TV-14, CC, Letterbox Format

5:15 PM Flight of the Phoenix, The (1965)

The survivors of a desert plane crash fight to get back in the air.

Dir: Robert Aldrich Cast: James Stewart , Richard Attenborough , Peter Finch .

C-142 mins, TV-14, CC, Letterbox Format

8:00 PM Dinner At Eight (1933)

A high-society dinner party masks a hotbed of scandal and intrigue.

Dir: George Cukor Cast: Marie Dressler , John Barrymore , Wallace Beery .

BW-111 mins, TV-PG, CC,

10:00 PM Thin Man, The (1934)

A husband-and-wife detective team takes on the search for a missing inventor and almost get killed for their efforts.

Dir: W. S. Van Dyke Cast: William Powell , Myrna Loy , Maureen O'Sullivan .

BW-91 mins, TV-G, CC,

Do you know wether this Saint was one of the ones shown this past week? I know Wendy Barrie was in several of them.........

Sorry, I meant last week on George Sanders day. (it wont let me access October).....last Monday.

Edited by: Hibi on Nov 9, 2012 11:52 AM

> {quote:title=Hibi wrote:}{quote}Do you know wether this Saint was one of the ones shown this past week? I know Wendy Barrie was in several of them.........

>

> Sorry, I meant last week on George Sanders day. (it wont let me access October).....last Monday.

>

> Edited by: Hibi on Nov 9, 2012 11:52 AM

Hibi, this flick was not included in the block a couple Mondays ago for the George Sanders all day tribute! Hope you groove! :)

I could have started this thread myself. Awesome Saturday line up. I hope TCM runs Burn Witch Burn again. I love that movie. I remember it played repeatedly on some station years ago around Christmas time and I was watching it while decorating the tree. Excellect flick. Once we get through The Five LIttle Pinheads... uh, Peppers, it's on! There ain't nuthin' better than King Kong on a Saturday afternoon. Had a rough week myself and am looking forward to tomorrow!

We're all gonna groove, mark. If we had any doubt, we just need to read your posts and your grooviness is infectious! :):)

From 7:30am on, my teevee is gonna use up Con Ed electricity, much to their delight! I've asked this before, but do the new fangled LED sets overheat if they're on all day? Thankfully, FIOS hasn't instituted that Big Brother 1984 we're gonna shut you down if you don't change the channel I'd go bat nuts if they did feature, so I'm cool, as long as my piece of junk LED teevee doesn't overheat!

Rock on, mark, if Mike still hasn't figured it out, he can read here and try to understand what c-l-a-s-s-i-c is and what piece of garbage post-1960s movies are, i.e., NOT classic. Doh.

Thank you again, mark, your posts make me smile. Are you groovy IRL? :)

BTW, if TCM had half a brain, they'd have a feature on their channel nominating THE favorite TCM.com posters, and I would nominate you and the Canadyuns RM, missw, and casablancalover (not sure if she is from the frozen tundra) and you all would get an all expense trip to see Bob and whatshisname on the set and we'd all get to groove from your exuberance and niceness. Now, if they had a Satanic day, you could nominate me. ]:) Oh, and whatshisname, of course.

*markbeckuaf wrote*

* Here's the lineup, it will knock your socks off and rock ya around the block!!! TCM rules*

O tank heaven for a night and day of TCM retreads. The only ones which haven't been hammered to death are The Flight of the Phoenix and The Exterminating Angel. Other than that, I will be enjoying a pleasant evening of Rick Steves' Europe. Dublin is lovely this time of year.

Is it Arkansas Fayetteville or Alaska Fairbanks, eh?

twinkeee, you have my vote.

I think it would be a hoot (I know some board folks have showed up somewhere in the past - the cruise?) to see a program devoted to the board fans, being interviewed by Bob or Ben.

Thanks, RM, but if nominated, I won't ........ well, you know the rest! What a hoser he was, eh? :)

Don't forget that the great stunt flier Paul Mantz was killed during the filming of "Flight of the Phoenix".The special built plane flipped over and he was killed on impact.

Some of the other films he flew on were:

"The Wings of Eagles"

"It's A Mad,Mad,Mad,Mad World"{the plane through the billboard}

"Twelve O'Clock High" [who can forget the B-17 bellylanding }

"Captain of the Clouds"

"Only Angels Have Wings"

Janet, sorry to hear you had a rough week, and hope that enjoying these flix helps a bit, as I'm sure they will for me! Glad to know you and others on our TCM board community will be grooving to some, most or all of tomorrow's solid rock lineup!!

No worries. Saturday is my cooking day. The line up on TCM this weekend makes it so much better. Gonna curl up on the couch with my blankie and my dog after I make a pan of stuffed shells or lasagna or chile rellanos. Maybe some popcorn too.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings