Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Mystery RKO shots (as a Tumblr, this time)

anansi00

Sorry to pester again! Okay, so I've gotten a few comments saying that the Flickr link isn't working, so I'm trying this as a Tumblr instead: "Mystery Shots from RKO Movies". I think it has a nice ring! Follow the link below; I'll be uploading the images (with descriptive/speculative captions) over the next hour or so, so stay tuned. Thanks everyone for your feedback and help! You're awesome.

Mystery Shots from RKO Movies

http://rkomysteries.tumblr.com/

To recap from my earlier thread:

"Hey, everybody! I've been trying to track down the films to which these frames belong. All I know for certain is that each is from a shot in an RKO film, all of which were made between approximately 1932 and 1946. With the exception of the first two, which come from the same shot, I believe that each image comes from a separate film (none of the others I've identified have overlapped). These are the remnants of a larger set of 30, so I know they're going to be the toughest nuts to crack. Even a few good guesses or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!"

As of now, this is what I get when I click on the link:

h1. We're sorry.

Service is temporarily unavailable. Our engineers are working quickly to resolve the issue.

[Find out why|http://www.tumblr.com/docs/en/error_troubleshooting#service_is_temporarily_unavailable] you may have encountered this error.

But your earlier link worked for me. But I don't have a clue about the films.

this error

Yeah, that was actually pretty funny when I started to post the photos and then Tumblr crashed...instead of a broken link, I moved up to a broken website! Seems to be up and running now, though, and the rest of the images have been posted (with annotations, for good measure).

If it's any help, I can tell you the shot of the model train is not from either The Devil and Miss Jones, or Bachelor Mother. I might have suggested Holiday Affair. A model train figures prominently in that. But I think it ends on a real train with them going to California.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings