Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
lococardinal

The two story movie

This style if it can be considered that is one that seemed to occur in some of the old comedy team movies. I don't think it's done anymore that I can think of. It's not so much that there were really two stories going in the same movie as it was the movie's plot would evolve around a romance. The comedy duo or team will be involved in the plot but also have their own spotlight on occasions. This was done with the earliest Abbott & Costello movies as well as The Marx Brothers and Three Stooges. Once TV, videos, and DVD's came around the comedy team's became promoted as the stars of these movies. In fact these movie's I think tend to rank lower in popularity than the following movies where they became "the" main attractions of their movies by their die hard fans. I'm curious as to whether or not when a movie like "Pardon My Sarong" or "Abbott And Costello in the Navy/Army" came out, did they have the same top billing as advertised today, or were they equal or secondary to the characters in the romantic roles. Were they merely comedy relief, or was the romantic segments in these movies there to give storyline for their comedy routines? Or am I just loco for thinking about this kind of thing?