Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

OT: Apologies

Sepiatone

Apologies to those who sent me PMs that went unresponded. Still don't know how to work all that here. In another forum I belong to, the PMs come directly to my personal e-mail box.

I also apologize for not yet knowing how to send PMs in this site. Any info would be helpful.

An apology to RaquelVixen, even in spite of her snub in that she never DID inform me of which suburb she hails from. I thought it a perfectly innocent inquiry.

An apology to the administrator, even though he locked my thread before I had a chance to reply to all responders. Incidentally, the page I suggested DID work for a while in the aforementioned "other forum" I belong to. Up until guitar Player magazine picked up the forums and decided to drop said page. Fortunately, most of the forum members who regularily participated in that foul mouthed "free-for-all" page got dropped with it!

Apologies to anyone offended with my "ankle biters" comment. I honestly thought you'd all recognize the sarcasm. And I also thought most of you would agree with the assesment!

I'm gonna stop before I start sounding like Reuben Studdard...

Sepiatone

Sepiatone--you just have to click on your inbox on the forum page (you have to be logged in) and it will take you to your PM's and then click on the one you want to read. Then while you have the message called up just click on reply if you wish to reply.

I got dragged into that whole kerfuffle yesterday myself. SonofUniversalHorror got banned over it because he & RaquelVixen got into a "report each other" fight. I have no dog in this fight because I was only getting one side of the argument, but because I commented I guess I was viewed as sypathetic.

Really, no one, no matter who they are, should be attacking anyone here, and I'm at a loss as to why this occurs. I've even been attacked in Private Messages by a current & frequent poster, but we now leave each other alone, mainly because I don't participate in his/her threads.

Sepiatone wrote: "Apologies to anyone offended with my "ankle biters" comment. I honestly thought you'd all recognize the sarcasm. And I also thought most of you would [agree|http://forums.tcm.com/post%21reply.jspa?messageID=8698236#|Click to Continue > by DealDropDown] with the assesment!"

Sepiatone I actually laughed out loud when I read the "ankle biter" comment and thought how true. I was going to let you know but then the thread got closed. I didn't think it was getting that bad but whatever.

I will say I know now who these little ankle biters are and when ever I see one responding to a post or thread I start I know that they are going to be on the attack.

Kind of that sad people get their "kicks" out of attacking people and the comments or opinions one makes.

Any ways I don't think you need to apologize for anything.

Lori

Sepiatone wrote:

<< Apologies to anyone offended with my "ankle biters" comment. I honestly thought you'd all recognize the sarcasm. And I also thought most of you would agree with the assesment! >>

I never use sarcasm on a text forum for the very reason that it can be very easily mistaken on a text based forum. It's hard enough just to use humor without someone taken it out of context.

It's always best to ask for clarification from a poster before assuming too much if one is not clear what the post really means. This could save a lot of headaches for everyone here on the board.

I myself apologise to Kyle for misunderstanding the 4th of July "Belle" (thought of Bell) thread and to filmlover for the"Music in Film Plot" (not the exact thread title) thread, took me a while to understood that one.

Hope that clears up everything for 2012.

Something about this thread does not sit well with me. I wish I could put my finger on it, but the whole aspect of apologizing about relatively trivial stuff seems like a waste of time. I wish people would focus more on what they have in common in terms of classic film (or anything else) and that they would band together more to locate lost films and celebrate these cultural artifacts we still are lucky to possess. Every sort of personal squabble or mistake in judgment that interferes with this is truly counter-productive and in my opinion unenlightened. Time to let go. Go ahead. Do it. Let go.

Yes, sound advice to let this go.

Sepiatone, I wanted to say I appreciate that you considered my feelings. I hope you hold no ill will. I do not hold any.

On another note, I can say that I grew up in Livonia and live in Oakland County presently.

I recall you saying you grew up in Lincoln Park, do you still live there.?

Look at me, it's like it's old home week.

Cheers

Thank you, Raquel.

I have a cousin who still lives in Livonia( he grew up there, still lives in the house his late parents had on W. Chicago and retired after working for the city some near 30 years), an old school chum that lives on Ann Arbor Trail, and I finished out my GM tenure at the old engine plant on Middlebelt.

And yes, I still live in Lincoln Park. I moved around a bit over the years, but managed to come "full circle" if you will.

Sepiatone

Will you two PLEASE stop mentioning the town of "Livonia"!!!!!

'Cause NOW I'm havin' a HELL of a time gettin' THIS out o' my head....

"Hail, HAIL LIVONIA...LAND of the FREE AND BRAAAAAVE!"

(...okay, now I guess I'll apologize here for this...sorry)

;)

Now MissW!!! How in heaven's name could you POSSIBLY forget ZEPPO here???

I mean, I could FULLY understand how you could leave out Gummo, as that one never appeared in any of their films, let alone Duck Soup, BUT to leave out Zeppo, well....for shame my dear, for shame!

Okay, maybe it WAS 'cause Zeppo was so forgettable in those flicks, huh..err EH?!(sorry about that "huh", there)...and so just forget what I've said here, alright?

;)

LOL!!!

Yep, it was probably a good career move on Zeppo's part to go into the fields of Engineering and Theatrical Management.

(...and if you've ever been in those fields, then you KNOW the weeds there have been needed to be cut for YEARS now!)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings