Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Man I don't know the name of this movie ... can someone help?

rowcrop

Hello,

I truly enjoy the movies on TCM. I saw one two years ago and for the life of me can't remember the name of this movie, but I really would like to purchase it.

It seemed that the movie was in Rome or Mexico because of the background of one scene in a night club. I recall it was an old type club with brick inside surroundings and brick arches. It was a club anyone would love to go into at night. The movie is in color, but the 1960s(?) style and the lightening was terrific. I remember a couple in a larger, round-like booth looking towards the middle of the club. When the show began, a man started to sing and could he sing. He was a man of either Italian or Spanish decent as his skin was dark complected. His singing was that of an opera singer. He captivated the audience with his tenor voice. He was clean cut with no facial hair. When he sang as he looked up towards the ceiling during the creshendos of the song. I thought he was great. I want my wife to see the movie as I thought his performace was worth seeing again.

I thought the movie was Summertime with Kathrine Hepburn, but it was not. I saw the last part of The Roman Spring of Mrs. Stone with Vivien Leigh and I have ordered it on-line. I don't know if this is the movie or not, but the background color and whole scene with Warren Beatty was exactly the same as I recall in the movie I absolutely can not remember.

Can someone please help me? It had the 60s look. If it is The Roman Spring of Mrs. Stone, great ... of not, again, can someone please help?

Thank you very much.

Sounds like the guy might have been singing an Italian opera song.

Suzanne Pleshette was in a 1962 film titled Rome Adventure.

Olivia de Havilland was in a 1962 titled Light in the Piazza.

I think they had scenes of singing in nightclubs in Rome.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings