Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anybody like "Nick Carter"??

FredCDobbs

> {quote:title=FredCDobbs wrote:}{quote}I do. :)

>

> These are very enjoyable detective movies that don't require much thought.

>

> Donald Meek is a good co-star. And the movies always have a couple of cute girls.

I totally groove to them, Fred!!! It's not hard as I am a total sucka for a good 30's/40's detective/mystery flick and/or series, and these are no exceptions!! Great casts in all of them (just catching the first one now, after work, but I've seen them all before and they're worth repeated viewings IMO!!). And in the final one, more than just a couple of cute girls!!! Yowza!!!! At first, I didn't know what to make of Donald Meek's character, but he grew on me and I ended up totally digging on him!

Awesome stuff!!

Yes, I've been a Nick Carter fan for years. I like the gangly, easy going Pidgeon, with his oft-repeated line, "If I'm wrong, I'll apologize!" I like the obsessive/compulsive Mr. Beeswax.

I've often thought it would be a hoot if Mr. Beeswax could meet Eddie, Walter Brennan's character in *To Have and Have Not*. They would, of course, discuss bees... :D

> {quote:title=ValentineXavier wrote:}{quote}

>

> I've often thought it would be a hoot if Mr. Beeswax could meet Eddie, Walter Brennan's character in *To Have and Have Not*. They would, of course, discuss bees...

>

And maybe they could even have made a movie together...of course it would have been a "Bee"-movie!

Oh, phewwwwwwwwwwww.

I thought it was just me.

Dick Powell, George Sanders, Tom Conway, the gorgeous Richard Dix, the holy cow who knew he was that sexy Ricardo Cortez, James Gleason, Gordon Jones, Basil Rathbone, and of course my future husband Warren William(s), ANY of these 'B' movie detectives could have done a better job AND made me believe a woman would kiss them, but WALTER PIDGEON? Ewwww, ewww, and ewwww.

Anywho, thank you TCM for introducting me to Nick Carter, it appears that MGM wanted to jump on the 'B' detective genre and this was the best they had. Heck, Frank Morgan would have been a better choice, he was available, no?

Wait, wasn't Lassie an MGM film? Lassie/Pal(don't know where I got Laddie) more kissable than WP? Guess.

> {quote:title=willbefree25 wrote:}{quote}

> I'm sorry, did you say WP was 'gorgeous'?

It is much more than the look of his face. It is his build and the way in which he carries himself and that he advances towards danger. There are moments of position and light in which his face is very strong and has great compassion.

> Pray tell, whom else do you consider gorgeous? Please, oh please oh please, don't say John Wayne?

John Wayne is not one of my favorites in looks or style.

Steve McQueen makes my knees weak. I feel as if Sean Connery is looking into my soul.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings