Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tuesday Prime Time with Glamorous Constance Bennett and Pre-codes!!!

markbeckuaf

Having a tough day or start to your week? TCM has a way to soothe all those ruffled feathers with some of the grooviest flix around tonight in prime time!!!! Constance Bennett returns for her second week as STOM and this gig is rocking!!!

Kicking it off at 8pm EST is the much ballyhooed and for good reason, WHAT PRICE HOLLYWOOD? from 1932 and with my main man Lowell Sherman!!! This flick lives up to the hype, it's got that swing baby!!!

Up next, Gilbert Roland and Alan Mowbray join the Constance fray for the drawing room pre-code comedy, OUR BETTERS (1933)!!

Then it's Neil Hamilton mixing it up with the luscious Constance in a courtroom drama, pre-code natch, TWO AGAINST THE WORLD from 1932!!! Helen Vinson and Alan Mowbray also are featured!! Hotcha!

We dip out of the pre-code arena for a brief foray into 1941 cinema with LAW OF THE TROPICS, where Constance rocks with Regis Toomey in a very coolio B-feel flick that grooves!

Constance does the wrap thing back in pre-code territory with Joel McCrea in ROCKABYE (1932) and Gilbert Roland in AFTER TONIGHT (1933)!!

I say, Oh what a night!!! A night of Constance Bennett heating up my hearth and home!!! Thanks, TCM for an awesome way to spend prime-time TV watchin'!!!

> {quote:title=markbeckuaf wrote:}{quote}Having a tough day or start to your week? TCM has a way to soothe all those ruffled feathers with some of the grooviest flix around tonight in prime time!!!! Constance Bennett returns for her second week as STOM and this gig is rocking!!!

>

> Constance does the wrap thing back in pre-code territory with Joel McCrea in ROCKABYE (1932) and Gilbert Roland in AFTER TONIGHT (1933)!!

>

I may be staring at my eyelids at 3:15 AM ( ET), but my DVR will be churning to get AFTER TONIGHT. In addition to Bennett and Roland, that one features Virginia Weidler's second uncredited screen appearance as Bennett's niece! She was only six at the time.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings