Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Admirable crichton aka: paradise lagoon

HumphreyBogart

There were several versions of this classic film. I saw the 1919 silent version with Gloria Swanson. It was very good and easy to follow without any dialogue. It's so funny, the butler was treated with no respect by the rich family until they shipwrecked, then the butler was the only one who knew how to get things done and save everyone, so he became the king of the island, and all the rich people did what he told them to do. :)

Shipwrecked (1913) (Short)

The Admirable Crichton (1918)

Male and Female (1919)

We're Not Dressing (1934)

BBC Sunday-Night Theatre: The Admirable Crichton (1950) (TV Episode)

Paradise Lagoon aka The Admirable Crichton (1957)

Garakuta (1964)

The Admirable Crichton (1968) (TV Movie)

I LOVE the film *We're Not Dressing*. One of the few times I can bear Bing Crosby. The movie is stolen by Burns and Allen, Ethel Merman, and Leon Errol. Merman and Errol sing a wild duet together; Gracie Allen plays "Aloha Oe" on the accordion and has one of the funniest lines in movie history. Has TCM shown the film?

I saw a stage production of *The Admirable Crichton* in London, in 1988, at the Theatre Royal, Haymarket. It starred Rex Harrison. Edward Fox played Crichton. The cast also included a very young Martin Clunes, now familiar to some as Doc Martin on television.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings