Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Peter O'Toole on TCM

MacCaulayConnor

I was lucky enough to record Osborne's interview with Peter O'Toole and just finished watching it. I thought it was great. I really loved watching and listening to him. Fascinating stories and great humor. One question: in the interview he says he was not done with acting yet, and even hinted at making more movies (and winning the Oscar) or perhaps a one-man theatre show. But I seem to recall a news item from this past summer in which O'Toole announced his "retirement". Any one have any insight on this? I really want to believe he "ain't done yet."

Yep, the interview was done at last year's(2011) TCM Hollywood Film Festival, and Mr. O'Toole announced his retirement on July 10, 2012. I was sorry to hear of it, also.

Now, last night during this interview Mr. O'Toole mentioned how much he thought his performance in The Stunt Man (1980) was one of his best and thought he was at the perfect time in his life in order to portray the manipulative and somewhat devious director in that film.

It has been years since I've watched this film, possibly since its initial release, but I do remember liking it and him in it quite a bit.

Does anyone here know if it has ever been shown on TCM and/or might be shown again soon if it indeed has?

*"Does anyone here know if it has ever been shown on TCM and/or might be shown again soon if it indeed has?"* - Dargo

Yes. It is scheduled to be shown in February during "31 Days Of Oscar" as the last film in the line-up of Fox Studio films. It runs overnight February 10th, between Sunday and Monday.

This will be the third or fourth showing of the film on TCM.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings