Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

YOUR FAVORITE BLOND ACTRESS OUT OF...

"This thread makes me realize how few really major stars were blonde --- Betty Grable, Doris Day, Jean Harlow, Lana Turner ... who else?

Marilyn Monroe, Ginger Rogers, early Bette Davis, Ann Sothern, Giulietta Masina, Eva Marie Saint, Shirley Jones, Judy Holliday, Marlene Dietrich, Jane Powell, Veronica Lake, Grace Kelly, June Haver, Alice Faye, Janet Leigh, Vera Ellen, Rosie Clooney, Marion Davies, Constance Bennet, Madeleine Carroll...

In the 1930's it seems everyone was blonde, thanks to the popluarity of Jean Harlow. As time went by, the gals went to more natural hues. And then there were all the actresses who were blonde for a while -- maybe even for one film -- but were better known for another shade: Rita Hayworth, Lucille Ball, Joan Bennet, etc.

Lillian Gish! A beautiful ethereal beauty,and a fantastic actress to boot-I can't wait to see "Hearts of The World" tonight- And Mary Pickford-another great actress,and a very astute businesswoman beneath the golden curls and winsome dimpled smile. Lana Turner-when she's not tanned to a crisp(I can just hear the sun frying her like bacon,sizzle sizzle)-and Veronica Lake-gotta love that sexy peek-a-boo hair style,and I love her voice. For my tastes,the prettiest blonde actresses,in general,were the ones from the silent era.

I had no idea Jean Harlow had such a devoted following. I guess I'm missing something where she's concerned. I collected Marylin stills and posters for about ten years, then I married a brunette. But if I have to pick a favorite blonde, it's Betty. She's a natch. And I'm stunned to find only 3 or 4 mentions of her.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...