Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

B-Movie from the Year 2000... 12, that is.

Psychotronic

For fellow TCMers so inclined, I'm posting a link to a just completed sci-fi short (2:23) that fondly, if haphazardly, recalls the long lost days of old school sci-fi. A time when names like Haskin, Melchoir, Menzies and Bava evoked visions of planetary menace. A simpler, more innocent age, when giant robots still ran amok and salivating monsters unashamedly flaunted their silvery wires for all to see.

Enter, if you dare.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xv3c2j_robinson-robot-s-o-s_shortfilms

For viewers not dissuaded by the short itself, here lies a mercifully brief "making of" video.

I'd say enjoy, but that may be asking too much...

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Joe, for taking time out to watch my short, and for the thumbs up. I really appreciate it.

Having ganered only a 20th place spot out of 109 entrants, it certainly didn't set any records. But, being as the iPhone short was only a re-interpreted fraction of the piece as it was originally storyboarded, I'm now in the process of refining the existing props and miniatures to a level that will warrant a reshoot in full frame 35mm (open matted to 1:85:1).

In addition to production upgrades, and high-speed pyrotechnical FX, several new sets and models, some as large as 1/10 scale are under presently under construction to round out the project.

Given the scope, and our skeleton crew, I suspect it will be some months before the short is completed and online. With 100% zero CGI, and additional nods to Forbidden Planet, This Island Earth, and more, it's my hope that sci-fi inclined TCMers may wish to view the finished film.

Again, thanks for the thumbs up, even if only marginally... we r-e-a-l-l-y needed the encouragement!

:)

• 2 weeks later...

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings