Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What if Lassie had not retired?

LiamCasey

As per TopBilled's request...

Lassie's last movie was (what else) *Lassie* in 2005. Under the assumption that she (Yes, I know that "she" should be "he" in that sentence, but my Celtic background can't reconcile the word "he" with the word "lassie"!) retired from feature films after that appearance, it makes at least TopBilled wonder what might have been. Therefore, what movie in the dog year since her last appearance would you have liked to see her in and why?

Personally, I think Lassie would have tried to appeal to the *Twilight* crowd and appeared in this year's *Vampire Dog*.

Edited by: LiamCasey on Nov 17, 2012 10:09 PM

I have been told that several different dogs played Lassie, so there are other dogs now who could continue to play in Lassie movies. Just as there were several different male actors who played Cary Grant, and there are others now who could continue to play Cary Grant in movies today.

I love it! This is hilarious!

On a serious note, even popular animal performers come and go. Benjy's last movie was in 2004, and like you said, Lassie hasn't been in anything lately.

On the other hand, we have had ten AIR BUDS/AIR BUDDIES films in the last 15 years and those cute golden retrievers are still going strong.

> {quote:title=FredCDobbs wrote:}{quote}I have been told that several different dogs played Lassie, so there are other dogs now who could continue to play in Lassie movies. Just as there were several different male actors who played Cary Grant, and there are others now who could continue to play Cary Grant in movies today.

Interesting theory. So if Cary Grant is the equivalent of Pal (the first portrayer of Lassie), does that mean that Tony Curtis is the equivalent of Lassie Junior (the second portrayer)? And who would be the equivalent of Spook (the third portrayer)?

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings