Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tuesday Night Grooves on TCM!!!

markbeckuaf

Oh yeah, baby, it's ON!!! Constance Bennett totally rocks the house as Star of the Month and while we don't get as many pre-codes as the previous Tuesdays, it's still an awesome lineup!!! Totally groove to the 8pm screening of AFTER OFFICE HOURS with Clark Gable, Billie Burke, William Demarest, and Stu Erwin--groovy flick for sure!!! And one I haven't seen in a while! I'll be tuning in tonight!

Up next it's the screwball zaniness of MERRILY WE LIVE (1938), which I've always rated as one of the best of that sub-genre! Besides Constance, we got Patsy Kelly, Brian Aherne, Alan Mowbray, that pesky Billie Burke, and Ann Dvorak all rockin' it!

Then it's the two "Topper" flix that Constance graced with her presence! Always dig them, lots of yucks! And, BTW, Billie Burke shows up in both! She's ubiquitous tonight!

Then it's TCM board favorite hunk, Joel McCrea, with Constance in BED OF ROSES (1933), and pre-code, natch!! Diggin' on Pert Kelton in this one, she rocks! When "bad girls" could be really bad and lovin' it!!!

And at 4:45 AM EST in the wee hours, it's Olsen and Johnson in a pre-code hummer, FIFTY MILLION FRENCHMEN (1931) with Bela Lugosi!!!!, and Helen Broderick!!!

After being away for a bit, I'll be in the house tonight!! Dig it!

I really enjoyed "After Office Hours" - it was the only Constance Bennett film shown last night I hadn't seen before. Did you notice that strange thing they did last night - showing a whole hour's worth of shorts that had nothing to do with Constance Bennett, and then picked back up with the SOTM theme with Bed of Roses ? I wonder what was up with that?

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings