Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Mr. Hulot's Holiday? (and copying VHS to DVD)

solarblast

I suspect Mr. Hulot, made by Jacque Tati, is not in the TCM database, but thought I'd ask.

I have three of his films on VHS, but cannot get them on to dvd. Protected. Someone told me about software, Dazzle, I think, that will allow one to copy VHS to dvd. Perhaps bypassing protection. Does anyone know about this s/w? Roxio and TN (?) are in the same category. I think in a rating I found of these three, TN came out on top by a good margin. I might have played with Dazzle years ago, and did not like it. Comments on these packages?

Oh, I just thought you were looking for a page on it in the Database. I don't know about various versions, except that I have two versions of Playtime, one in French with subtitles, and one dubbed. The run time for the TCM dvd is listed as 87 minutes:

http://shop.tcm.com/mr-hulots-holiday-dvd/detail-TCM-100188&pa=PRF-TCM-100188

So it's the same as Amazon. I think I'd go with Amazon, as it's a Criterion disk, which I hear are superior.

I dont know anything about those software packages, but when I was copying my VHS tapes that were copy protected, I purchased something called "CopiAll". It is a video stabalizer/enhancer from some distributer in Illinois (I believe a suburb just outside Chicago). If I recall correctly it cost me somewhere around $60. All I needed to do was run the output of the VHS player into the CopiAll and run the output of the CopiAll into the input of the DVD recorder and hit play on the VHS and hit record on the DVD. I believe if you do an internet search on 'video stabalizers/enhancers' you'll find a distributor with the price you're willing to pay.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings