Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
filmlover

"Lincoln"

Is a great American movie by our finest director in the classic Holywood style. Daniel Day Lewis dissapears in his moving performance but it's Tommy Lee Jones who almost steals the movie.

I have only seen advertisements for the film on television, but I was struck by how high Daniel Day Lewis' voice sounded as Lincoln.

I realize, of course, that none of us know what the real Abe Lincoln's voice was like, and perhaps I'm influenced in my perception of what I imagine it was like by the baritone sounds of Raymond Massey when he played the role.

Would anyone know if there are any written descriptions of how high or deep or somewhere in beween the real Lincoln's voice was? And to those who loved Day-Lewis' performance, did you have any thoughts at all about the sound of his voice, as well?

Although Lincoln is usually portrayed as having a deep baritone voice, he actually had a much higher voice. This was an advantage when speaking before large audiences without the benefit of electronic amplification.