Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Favorite movie star interviews

BigFaceSmallRazor

What are your favorite interviews of your favorite stars on YouTube? I'm a huge Paul Newman fan. I love this 60 MINUTES interview which aired in the mid-90's after Paul turned 70. I love it because Paul opens up in a very humanistic yet un-sensationalistic way that's rare for him (his was the generation of men who weren't comfortable expressing their innermost thoughts & feelings). And Robert Redford's dry, caustic comments only add spice to an already excellent piece of celebrity journalism.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZlnYcuOkvo

• 2 weeks later...

I'm probably not doing you any favors by mentioning something I'm unable to post, being the Interweb novice I am, but movie fans should really enjoy Jack Paar's 1962 interview with Judy Garland. She probably got a little inventive with the facts, but the results are hilarious. There's also a later interview he did with her in London when she was performing there, but she was definitely "off" that time, for whatever reason. In the 1962 guest stint she was sharp and very animated, a joy to watch.

That's the one. Thanks so much. Judy had a reputation for being the life of the party (if all was going well with her), but there aren't a lot of examples for us civilians to see. It sounds like we'll have a treasure trove of interviews when the Johnny Carson segments start airing in the near future. TCM is thankfully very serious about getting stars on record, with the Private Screenings series, etc. Peter O'Toole and Lauren Bacall are recent favorites. I look forward to seeing what people contribute to this thread, so thanks for starting it. Great idea.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings