Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Need help finding a movie!

crisco725

I'm needing some help finding the name of a movie I saw about 20 years ago as a kid. I don't know any of the actors in it but I do remember some bits and pieces. I know it was in color and a comedy. It would have taken place in either China or Japan. The main character I believe is trying to find this woman with a little boy who does not smile and he turns out to be the only one who can make him smile. One scene I remember is when the main character is trying the find the woman's house, he comes across someone working in a garden and tries to get directions. Due to the language barrier subtitles are used but they are switched for the speakers. The main character is speaking english with english subtitles while the other guy is speaking his language with his language's subtitles. The main character catches on the the switch and addresses the camera crew directly and has them switch the subtitles. Very funny part. I know there's no much to go on but any info would be appreciated. I've been trying to find this movie forever! Thank you!

The main character was american and I believe the whole movie is a comedy. I originally thought it might have been Bob Hope because it is similar comedy to his movies but looking at his filmography I can't find anything that fits the description. I believe there was also a scene in a bath house where the main character falls through a wall or stumbles onto an area with a bunch of women so it might have been in Japan.

• 2 months later...

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings