Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help!

Terrence1

A few days ago, someone had posted a list of all the actors who had been dubbed by real singers. For the life of me, I cannot locate this posting, and I'd like to print this out for my own use. Does anyone remember this posting, and how I might find it? Thanks so much.

Terrence.

>Excuuuuuuse ME for supplyin' the "comic relief" here

When someone titles a thread "Help!" in the "General Discussions" forum, it's wholly understandable you'd assume the thread is about the MOVIE titled "Help!".

I will never understand why people don't post INQUIRIES in the "Information, Please" forum. Apparently, logic eludes them.

>This is just too good a list for any movie lover not to have a copy of.

Yeah, including such insights as:

DUMBO (1940): Betty Noyes for "Mother Elephant"

FOR ME AND MY GAL (1942): The Sportsmen Quartet for quartet

M (1931) Fritz Lang for Peter Lorre (whistling)

> {quote:title=TikiSoo wrote:}{quote}

> > This is just too good a list for any movie lover not to have a copy of.

> Yeah, including such insights as:

>

> DUMBO (1940): Betty Noyes for "Mother Elephant"

> FOR ME AND MY GAL (1942): The Sportsmen Quartet for quartet

> M (1931) Fritz Lang for Peter Lorre (whistling)

Yes, great list...but I can think of some they missed...

And one entry that may be incorrect.

And they should know that Connie Francis' last name is not spelled "Frances".

> {quote:title=Dargo2 wrote:

> }{quote}Eeh! *A Hard Day's Night* was a MUCH better film!!!

>

>

>

Hey, I agree that A HARD DAY'S NIGHT was better than HELP! but not that "MUCH" better.

They are both great...you don't want to give the wrong impression that HELP! is bad and scare away anyone who may have never seen it yet, do you?

HELP! has a lot of great scenes and dialogue...and of course, there's the GREAT music!

I Never Sang for My Father ...

That movie always makes me laugh, remembering my mother and her reaction to one line by Melvyn Douglas: "If you would only ENUCIATE!" She was always grumbling that we didn't talk clearly enough for her to understand, even though she realized her hearing wasnt what it had been. When she heard this line she said, "Yes! THAT's what I mean!"

Really A Hard Days Night is better than Help!?

I haven't seen Help! since I was a yout and saw it in the theater. I remember thinking it was a riot (ok, so I think the 3 Stooges are a riot too) I recall the thick accents & Ringo repeating "he's going to disembowel me!" and my catch phrase growing up was "Go to the weendow."

Give me a break-I was 5.

I bought A Hard Days Night on DVD for $5 and have never been able to get through it. There's some lame running gag about Paul's Uncle that I just don't "get". In fact, I don't get any of it.

But whoa boy we loved our Beatles.

willbefree, I saw the Beatles when I was 13 at Dodger Stadium in L.A.

All I remember is screaming during the entire concert with my friends and every other pre-adolescent girl there.

Oh, and Paul looked right at me and waved.

Heck, I remember screaming in the movie theater when me and some friends saw "Hard Days Night" The manager of the theater stopped the film came out and said he wanted it quiet and to be able to hear a pin drop before he would start the film back up again.

We were quiet, but once the film started up again so did the screaming. We never heard from the manager again. I think he gave up and went home or maybe to a neighborhood bar.

Good memories.

Lori

Hah...I was prevented by my Gestapo parents from seeing the Beatles at Shea Stadium with my girlfriends and have never forgiven them. Heck, I was even forbidden to see Soupy Sales and my girlfriends in the teevee studio and they went without me and Frank Nastasi wrote me a very sweet letter.

Paul looked at you and waved, Lori! OMG!!!!!!!!!! Do you still like Paul the best?

Hah...the manager was probably an old man of 30 or so! We screamed the entire time too and never heard a word of dialogue. It was a one screen movie theater too, with a balcony, so the din was deafening.

What a hoot. And at the time, I bet I thought all the Bobby Soxers were nuts!

Best part is, we are here and still having fun. :)

> {quote:title=finance wrote:

> }{quote}...but A HARD DAY'S NIGHT was the landmark film. HELP! just followed in its footsteps.

I absolutely agree that A HARD DAY'S NIGHT was a landmark film.

But I think HELP! deserves a lot of points for being so different from its predecessor, not being just a copy, as many follow-up films are.

If HELP! was just like A HARD DAY'S NIGHT, you know people would be complaining about that!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings