Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Thorne Smith

treehug7

I was wondering who I may communicate with to suggest airing Thorne Smith's Night Life of the Gods? This is an incredible comedy (as were all Thorne Smith's books, imho). I believe it was shown on TCM some years ago, but I would love to suggest that it be shown again...soon...like, real soon. :)

Thanks!

> {quote:title=treehug7 wrote:

> }{quote}I was wondering who I may communicate with to suggest airing Thorne Smith's Night Life of the Gods? This is an incredible comedy (as were all Thorne Smith's books, imho). I believe it was shown on TCM some years ago, but I would love to suggest that it be shown again...soon...like, real soon.

>

> Thanks!

It hasn't ever been shown on TCM...not yet at least! Here's hoping it will be some day.

Actually, I don't believe the movie has ever been shown on television...ever, anywhere.

I think years ago I heard there may be rights issues keeping it out of circulation, but not sure what they would be, as we know that other movies based on the author's books have been shown with apparently no rights problems.

Or, it could just be another case where Universal (the studio that made the movie) hasn't done anything to make it available...like so many other rare 1930's Universal films that sit unseen in their vaults.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings