Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sinbad (Film)

RMeingast

Caught some of "Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger" last night on TCM:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinbad_and_the_Eye_of_the_Tiger

Always enjoyed Sinbag movies since I was a kid...

Even think Sinbag movies should maybe become Thanksgiving tradition...

They're pretty unoffensive to anybody, I think, unless you are offended by bad acting and bad special effects...

The Wiki article above states that Harryhausen's biographer, Roy P. Webber, recorded somewhere that Harryhausen's animated baboon was so realistic "that many people were fooled into believing a real animal had been used."

The baboon was good, but not that good...

Oh well, maybe those people needed new eyewear or had never seen a baboon before...

Oh well, nice to see Patrick Wayne and Jane Seymour and Harryhausen's animated critters always fun to watch, I guess...

Yep, think this film should become a Thanksgiving regular...

That way people can give thanks they don't have to watch it any other time of the year...

P.S. In an unrelated matter, Toronto Argos won the Grey Cup yesterday in Canadaland...

Much celebration in Hogtown yesterday and today...

There's a new Sinbad film coming, utilizing stop-motion as well as the term "Dynamation" but someone better tell these guys to cut a new trailer. The first half of it is likely to get people walking out for popcorn:

>Both movies are old fashion kid friendly movie fun.

That says it all.

We recently screened a Sinbad movie in our film series and I was surprised by the divided reactions of some.

We bring our 15 year old who is usually bored to tears with adult themed movies like Now,Voyager, but she was totally fired up about seeing the Sinbad film. She followed the plot and loved the effects, despite the fact she's been brought up with ultra sophisticated CGI & 3D effects.

It's a great stepping stone kind of film for teens coming from cartoons.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings