Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
SueSueApplegate

December Star of the Month: BARBARA STANWYCK

*so I'm out of my league on other threads*

Don't sell yourself short. I'm out of my own league reading some of the posts you have written early on in this thread!

Filmgoddess opened a thread noting that two of the great left us on a day like today, January 20, Barbara Stanwyck, in 1990 and Audrey Hepburn in 1993. Just wanted to note it in this thread since it's appropriate.

Incidentally, Audrey was interviewed the day Stanwyck passed and this is what she had to say:

"I do think that a monument has left this industry, and she was so versatile,

Barbara Stanwyck. A lovely lady, I knew her very little, but admired her a great

deal."

Audrey and Barbara, two classy ladies and two film legends that will live on forever. God bless them!

Yes, too great ladies that were some of the top actresses of the studio era.

This is the correct forum and one can praise these ladies without knocking Donna Karan.

Nice quote, LadyE, thanks for posting it. I had actually forgotten the significance of January 20th. ;) I did remember January 16th, however, as the anniversary of the tragic death of Carole Lombard, my second favorite actress...