Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What's In A Name? (Revisited...)

RMeingast

See some ding-dongs have named their newborn girl "Hashtag"...

Kid's name is "Hashtag" Jameson:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/yourcommunity/2012/11/baby-girl-named-hashtag-trends-on-twitter.html

Could be a prank? Let's hope so...

Oh well, no parents have yet to name their kid after Sinbad using my favourite nickname for the sailor, "Sinbag," so that's a good thing...

I'm left wondering: What do you call the kid for short?

Which reminds me of one of GRACIE ALLEN'S favorite lines of mine.

"My name is Grace, but you can call me "Gracie" for short!"

Glad you revived this topic, RM.

Sepiatone

I still LOVE that, RM.

I don't have any children to name "Sinbag," but I seem to collect barn cats. I give them names in the car en route to the vet for snipping (don't understand why they don't appreciate my efforts). I've been up and down the alphabet over the years coming up with names. Next one will be "Sinbag," for sure.

Don't these celebrites realize that they are just setting their children up to be teased or bullied when they enter school.

We all know how cruel children can be, and it just seems wrong to name a child after some piece of fruit or some other idiotic name.

Very stupid and uncaring move on the part of the parents if you ask me.

Lori

Unless your given name IS "finance", you're going to have to be more specific.

But Lori has a point about kids being cruel. I remember the crap one kid at my grade school went through simply because his MIDDLE name was "Maurice". The fact that he was bigger than most of us kept it from going on too long.

But if a celebrity child is growing up in a community of OTHER celebrity children, their names as well give them no room for teasing. It's hard to tease some kid because their name is "Hashbag" if YOUR name is "Dweezil".

I DID know a guy at work everyone called "Hash", but it was for some OTHER reason. ;)

Sepiatone

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings