Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

off topic : CRT's vs. Flat Screens

classiccinemafan

Suggestion: Get and a 19" CRT television and keep it stored fo show one's grandchildren. We can only imagine what will be available 30 years from now. Power it up for 10 min, once a year to prevent deteoriation.

I have a floor cabinet 26" RCA that is in virtually new condition (unplugged), 12" B&W stored and a 19" color in the spare bedroom.

I'm still using a KDS - USA computer CRT monitor. Ironically it has a perfectly flat screen.

Hilarious. A deleted thread followed by two blank (by virtue of ignore) posts.

[~classiccinemafan], are you sure you don't want to ask your original question about CRTs vs Flat Screens?

Take it from a cynical misanthropic anti-conspicuous consumption curmudgeon, flat screen LED teevees whip the pants off my formerly beloved CRTs. It was only when I dropped my CRT on the floor and it glowed green that I finally gave up the ghost after 14 years and replaced the last living CRT in the house with not one, but TWO LEDs!

I shoulda done it sooner. It's junk and garbage of course and will NOT last 14 years, but hey, the year is 2012, and ice cream comes in 14 ounce containers and car parts are made in China, so who cares anymore about any retail merchandise made in the US of A? Not me/I -- see, there I go again with the grammatical faux paws! :)

Ain't life grand? Of course it is, any day above ground is a good one.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings