Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A Couple Of Films Of Interest Not On TCM

sfpcc1

Tommorow There are a couple of films of interest not on TCM:

Lady And The Tramp will be on the Disney Channel from 6 AM to 7:30 AM, (EST.) Once in a while they'll delve into their old catalog.

It's A Wonderful Life will be on NBC tommorow night from 8 to 11 PM,(EST.) Yeah their are commercials and it's not TCM, (and i guess most of you have seen it a bunch of times) but it's their.

Cinemoi has a few films coming up over the next week: American Madness,

Baby The Rain Must Fall, The Eddy Duchin Story, Human Desire, Georgy Girl,

Meet John Doe, The Jolson Story, The L-Shaped Room, Beat the Devil. Cinemoi

is a little weird. It shows hardly any French films as I first expected, and the

movie choices seem to be without rhyme or reason. But it's a good place to

see an occasional film. And they will show the same movie a couple of times a

week. Check their schedule for times.

Sounds to me that you are wondering why these two films are not being shown on TCM, is that correct?

The short answer is this:

NBC television network owns the rights to broadcast It's a Wonderful Life for several more years. Only NBC can show the film.

As far as I know, Lady and the Tramp is owned by Disney. Unless they agree to loan or allow the film to be leased by TCM, then that will be the only way the film will be shown on TCM. And due to the film's popularity, the only place it might be available is on the Disney channel or the ABC television network.

I haven't seen a Suppository commercial in a very long time. Maybe your thinking of the Vaginal Mesh Class Action Suit Ads on THIS. (On a very unrelated note the Barbituates Marylin Monore Od'd on 50 years ago were supposedly in suppository form. This Thread has gone very off track.)

Doesn't Reed tell her mother that George Bailey is making love to her in the living room?

I haven't seen anything other than the nightmarish scene in years. Then I laugh out loud that among all else, that Donna Reed woul have turned into an old maid - with glasses - just because George wasn't there to marry her.

Of course, the censors would never have allowed Reed's character to become a stripper or streetwalker, no, the worst they could come up with to please them would be for her to become a librarian.

> {quote:title=finance wrote:}{quote}

> It's hard to take seriously George Bailey's potential suicide when they break for a suppository commercial.

:"How can you put out a meaningful drama when every fifteen minutes proceedings are interrupted by twelve dancing rabbits with toilet paper?" - Rod Serling

> {quote:title=sfpcc1 wrote:}{quote}

> Rod Serling was kind of close. There's a series of toilet paper commercials featuring a family of three bears, (Charmin.) If you can overlook the **** fixation it's actually sort of cute.

The quote was recorded in 1997. I do not know what commercials were airing at the time but I would not be surprised if he had been referring to an actual commercial of the era.

I like the Charmin bears! The first time I saw one gasted my flabber but I soon found them charming.

That's true, and she did end up as a "hostess" in a club in Hawaii in FROM HERE TO ETERNITY but being bad was good for her as she won an Oscar. She went back to the States at the end, married a doctor and gave birth to Mary and Jeff.

So, she didn't need George anyway.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings