Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Theme Songs

MilesArcher

Okay...

Hope this qualifies as a "theme song".

Been watching a lot of the 1960's TV series "My Three Sons" on MeTV and thought of this one:

After the opening titles the show often opened with a shot of the family's house over which the writer and director credits are shown.

What is the title and composer of this piece of music?

I'm giving up on this question. I don't have Me TV and the Youtube clips don't have all of the opening shots. I have found that DVD releases of the early seasons had the original background music replaced by stock music from Capitol records.

I admit this is a tough one and perhaps a little unfair, as the title of the music in question is probably unknown to viewers of the show and anyone else not connected to the production of the show. I mean, it is never identified on the show, even if one were to watch every episode you'd never know. It was never intended that viewers know the tune. I know it only because I have the music cue sheets for the shows (documenting all the music performed, for legal purposes).

So...another clue to the tune's title:

What is shown while this music plays?

Okay, I hate to have to reveal it with no correct guesses, but here it is:

My clue was "What is being shown while this music is playing?" which I already stated is the family's house, the Douglas House.

The title of the tune is "Douglas House". (And as correctly guessed earlier, composed by Frank DeVol). Now, any time you're watching "My Three Sons" with the gang, you can impress everyone with that trivial fact!

Since you're the one who at least guessed the composer correctly, you can take over if you'd like...

Thanks. I'd like to get away from soundtrack background music and concentrate on actual theme songs. Dean Martin's biggest hit was "That's Amore!", but that wasn't his theme song when he did his TV show. What was his TV show theme song?

This song was written for the score for a 1954 television production. The composer of the song was a very visible presence in front of the camera, and it was used as his theme song for the rest of his life. Song? Composer?

Edited by: finance on Mar 8, 2013 5:21 PM

I'm glad you both like the song, but that's not the answer. The composer of the song was, like Gleason, primarily known as a comedian, and the song is better-known than the one you guessed. Almost everyone knows that this song is this guy's theme song.

Edited by: finance on Mar 9, 2013 12:06 PM

• 7 months later...

Archived