Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

All Mine to Give

Swithin

One of the saddest movies ever made is about to begin. They showed it to us in grade school, and all the kids went home it tears. It's based on a true story, I think the screenwriter is the son of one of the characters. But that ending! Great Max Steiner score, too.

Oh my one of the saddest movies ever. I had seen it before, but last night my husband and I just got the last 30 minutes.

All the child actors were very good, but who was the little boy who played the eldest who made sure all his siblings had homes?

He did an excellent job, I thought.

Lori

Lori, that's Rex Thompson. You might recognize him in *The King and I* . The film that I think he does a great job in is *The Eddy Duchin Story* . He plays Peter Duchin, Eddy's son (Tyrone Power). He plays the son as a pre-teen. I agree with you, all the kids were very good in *All Mine To Give* . A heart wrenching film. (btw- did you recognize Patty McCormick as one of the his sisters ? (*Bad Seed* fame)

Thanks lavenderblue19 for the info.

Now I do remember him in the "King and I" but I have never seen "The Eddy Duchin Story" all the way through.

I wonder what happen to him? I was a good young actor in my opinion and I would think could of moved into adult roles, I guess.

Lori

Rex Thompson was quite chilling as an adult in an episode of THE FUGITIVE that also featured Donald Pleasance. Rex played a consert pianist, a former child prodigy, who was beginning to tire of his mentor (Pleasance) putting so much pressure upon him.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings