Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Baby Peggy

28Silent

I enjoyed the the documentary about her.At 94 she's still healthy ,for her age.But, they should have included more than just one of her features, Captain January.The reason why they showed that was because Shirley Temple was in the remake. Miss Carey film career had failed .So time Warner did not want to explore her career that much.That was being selfish an typical,just as typical as when the producers fired her because of her father.Greed founded and still controls Hollywood.It need economical government regulations for reform.But, they should have inluded the darling of New York.But t.cm just show classic films strictly for ratings and profit.Consumers and History are last.

Oh dear, 28Silent, something seems to have gone very wrong with the transition of your comments to the page here, after your first paragraph. It's too bad, maybe you can contact the powers that be that maintain this website and find out what happened and how to fix it.

"That said", I watched most of the "Baby Peggy" doc, but fell asleep before it was over. Not that it was boring, just that it was rather late and I was sleepy.

It's nice that she seems to have come out relatively unscathed from her early celebrity experiences. I will say something rather mean and unworthy here, just something I noticed:

She must have been talented, because it sure couldn't have been her looks that made her so popular. In fact, I thought she was exceptionally plain ( told you this was a mean observation.) Usually little kids who are promoted as child stars like that are pretty, or at least kind of cute looking. She was not ugly ( an unkind word which I rarely apply to anyone anyway), I mean, hey, she was just this little 6-year-old girl...but as little girls go, she was - well, plain.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings