Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Jane Fonda

hiker63

> {quote:title=hiker63 wrote:}{quote}I'm watching Jane Fonda on TCM right now in the 1962 "Period of Adjustment".

> She certainly should be one of the top "bombshells" of the 1960's !

> Don't you think?

Actually she annoys me the way Barbra Streisand annoys me to the point that I never notice anything else about either of them and I can't really lay a finger on exactly why this is so in either case.

Tony Franciosa is also in this movie "Period of Adjustment". He wasn't a fantastic actor, but, he certainly wasn't average. He did have a very good presence about him. He also had a good set of teeth.

I enjoyed his performance.

Sorry hiker, but I've always thought (and especially when she was younger) that Jane looked too much like her father when he was young...but in drag of course.

And so, bottom line: Nope, sorry. She never did a thing for me.

(...good actress, though)

actually, Henry Fonda did a great job in "Once Upon a Time in the West". Did Jane ever do a western/cowboy movie? She could probably chew tobacco and shoot with the best of them..don't you think?

Be honest now... you probably have Jane's exercise tapes playing on your TV right now.

LOL

Nope, but my wife used to work out with Jane...and with those old VCR tapes, of course.

AND of course, I always thought my wife was MUCH cuter than Jane ever was too!

(...though THAT could be because SHE never reminded me of Hank Fonda in drag!)

> {quote:title=Swithin wrote:}{quote}I agree with you about that! I worked with Milo O'Shea a few times. I loved his performances in Barbarella (as Durand Durand, from which the group Duran Duran took their name) and as Leopold Bloom in Ulysses.

Wow, Swithin! You worked with Milo O'Shea? Isn't that the guy that played the judge in THE VERDICT with Paul Newman? In what capacity did you work with him, if you don't mind me asking?

Just an FYI of a historic nature-

Over the years, every Jane Fonda thread that strayed from talking about her acting career into the realm of politics has been locked by the various WebAdmins.

It's all there in the archives.

And Michael, our current WebAdmin, has made his stance on these matters very clear.

As always, your mileage may vary.

> {quote:title=dpompper wrote:}{quote}

> As for Jane Fonda's "bombshell" status, I'll defer to the guys among us.

>

> What I very much appreciate is her performance in "They Shoot Horses Don't They?" (1969)

>

That was an excellent film. The kind they don't make anymore. We don't even know who won the dance contest.

I thought she was cute. Life is too short to hold grudges. I just stick to her film work.

Jane Fonda is perhaps the most obnoxious character in the history of Hollywood, but They Shoot Horses, Don't They? is a terrific movie, and Walk on the Wild Side and Klute aren't too bad, either. But in the end she's just another mediocre actress with a great talent for self-promotion, not really worthy of all the attention bestowed upon her.

Better get it in before BB's antennae start to vibrate. Jane Fonda and John

Wayne, separated at birth. Of course her politics and her trip to Hanoi will

be remembered, as will her influential work out tapes, but I think she'll be

mainly remembered as an actress, with the other things secondary. She

was pretty hot as a young Hollywood ingenue, as were a lot of other sexy

actresses of that time. I enjoyed her performance in Stanley & Iris. The

film is a little on the corny side, but she was very believable in her role.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings