Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fave Cary Grant movie

i am new here, but had to answer this question.

my fave. cary grant films are

mr.blandings builds his dreamhouse

the bishop's wife

an affiar to remember

i was a mailwar bride

father goose

notorious

that was a good question and tough to answer

I have watched the following over & over & over again!

NOTORIOUS

INDISCREET

HIS GIRL FRIDAY

BRINGING UP BABY

THE AWFUL TRUTH

PENNY SERENADE

HOLIDAY

SUSPICION

TO CATCH A THIEF

GUNGA DIN

THE BACHELOR & THE BOBBY SOXER

MR. BLANDINGS BUILDS HIS DREAM HOUSE

AN AFFAIR TO REMEMBER

THAT TOUCH OF MINK

OPERATION PETTICOAT

To All: ALL of Cary Grant's films were great because he had something extra to add to his acting. Maybe heart or imagination or a secret recipie, but whatever it was made ALL those films mentioned a huge success and a joy to see and see and see again. I think I've added about all his movies to my DVD library so will have them for a long while and can watch when I want to. :) Sue

I agree to the pairing of Loy and Grant! Too bad there wasnt more movies that they could have been paired up in. I also thought Gable and Loy had some good chemistry in "Tales of Manhattan"

• 2 months later...

There are several different Grants. He's quite funny in Holiday. He's wonderful in Bringing Up Baby and My Favorite Wife. He's very sophisticated in North By Northwest and Indiscreet.

It's been awhile since I've seen them but People Are Talking and Room For One More. For something really offbeat look for "Crisis". Not great but interesting.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Gosh, Cary Grant was so entertaining!! Personally, I love him in Arsenic and Old Lace, an absolute classic. But my favorite would have to be Bringing Up Baby because it is just so goofy and Grant and Hepburn make a hilarious duo.

• 1 month later...

People Will Talk is in a 3-way tie with Arsenic and Old Lace and The Bishop's Wife for me... closely followed by The Philadelphia Story, Bringing Up Baby and An Affair to Remember. Wait... Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House... and His Girl Friday. Don't forget Penny Serenade and Holiday.

And that is DEFINITELY my favorite Cary Grant movie.