Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Christmas in Connecticut

KathyJB

I am so disappointed this great movie won't be shown this month. I see that AMC is showing it, but they have commercials :_|

I look forward to the Christmas movie line up every year on TCM. I'm so sad you aren't showing this movie.

When is CHRISTMAS IN CONNECTICUT being shown on AMC? I love that house in the movie, that's the only reason I want to see it.

I see they are showing the BISHOP'S WIFE again..as much as I love that movie, they have shown it quite often in the past year, you would think TCM would show CHRISTMAS IN CONNECTICUT instead, makes much more sense, eh! ;)

> {quote:title=twinkeee wrote:}{quote}When is CHRISTMAS IN CONNECTICUT being shown on AMC? I love that house in the movie, that's the only reason I want to see it.

>

> I see they are showing the BISHOP'S WIFE again..as much as I love that movie, they have shown it quite often in the past year, you would think TCM would show CHRISTMAS IN CONNECTICUT instead, makes much more sense, eh! ;)

Normally I would no more facilitate someone watching AMC than I would give an alcoholic a drink, but here's the AMC schedule for Christmas in Connecticut:

Dec 10 12:30AM

Dec 13 1:30PM

Dec 19 2:45AM

I have to wonder what AMC is up to with these traditional Christmas movies, since it is not one long festival for which they could sell advertising, but interspersed through the month of December with the regular junk they show. Not many people have such eclectic taste that they will appreciate Barbara Stanwyck in CIC along with 1954's White Christmas - also an AMC exclusive - and decide that they really really like that prolonged episode of Deliverance genetically spliced with every bad teenage horror flick you've ever seen - "The Walking Dead". No, I don't watch it, but my husband and grown stepson gather every Sunday night to watch and gab enthusiastically about it before and after. Me - I just go in my room and watch my "Crime Does Not Pay" set during this time. Then they also have a reality show about two guys who sell comic books I believe??? Also something I don't think a classic cinema fan would stick around for.

At least TCM seems to have method to their madness as they show mainstream generic classics on weekends and holidays to rope in newbies and hope they stick around to the point they begin to enjoy the less traveled paths of classic cinema.

Alas, I don't believe it exists, other than in the rich imagination of the Production Designer or Set Designer.

Here's a article from an addictive website I've discovered:

http://hookedonhouses.net/2008/12/25/the-stone-farmhouse-in-christmas-in-connecticut/

>from the Hooked on House's notes: According to the IMDB website, the set was the same one used in the Cary Grant-Katharine Hepburn rom-com ?Bringing Up Baby? in 1938. I found that interesting because I loved that house, too. I?ve got to rent it again so I can compare the two! The exteriors were similar, as I recall, but I clearly remember the entry and staircase in ?Bringing Up Baby,? and it was completely different from the one in this film. They must have changed a lot around.

> {quote:title=Filmgoddess wrote:}{quote}Count me among those who love both Christmas in Connecticut and The Walking Dead.

I congratulate you on your eclectic taste.

Sometime on some other thread or format I guess you can elaborate on what the appeal is of Walking Dead. The few times I've seen any of it - my exercise bike is parked in front of the TV and it's too heavy to move - it seems like there is some group of deviants - at a prison I believe??? - threatening violent sexual acts towards any woman with which they come in contact. This seems to be all they think about. Such scenes make me very uncomfortable.

> {quote:title=Filmgoddess wrote:

> }{quote}Count me among those who love both Christmas in Connecticut and The Walking Dead.

Me too!

I very rarely care about any new or recent TV shows or movies, but got into "The Walking Dead" after some friends recommended it. I'd check out parts of it during times when TCM wasn't running anything I wanted to see. And I guess it's like any show - you get to know and like some characters (and to dislike others!) and then want to keep watching to see what happens.

One complaint about the show:

For someone who grew up watching shows like "Leave it to Beaver" and "My Three Sons" I'm not used to a show in which so many regular characters get killed off so often!

So...what do you think - isn't it time Carl lost that big dumb hat!?

> {quote:title=calvinnme wrote:}{quote}

> > {quote:title=Filmgoddess wrote:

> > }{quote}Count me among those who love both Christmas in Connecticut and The Walking Dead.

> I congratulate you on your eclectic taste.

>

> Sometime on some other thread or format I guess you can elaborate on what the appeal is of Walking Dead. The few times I've seen any of it...it seems like there is some group of deviants - at a prison I believe??? - threatening violent sexual acts towards any woman with which they come in contact. This seems to be all they think about. Such scenes make me very uncomfortable.

Sorry that you must be catching some of the rare wrong moments in your occasional glimpses of the show. There actually is very little of that kind of thing on that show. For example, there was an interrogation scene a couple of weeks ago that didn't go nearly as far as other shows or movies would have (and it didn't take place at the prison).

There have been a few love scenes, but again they didn't go nearly as far as they might have elsewhere.

I completely agree with you about scenes like you describe, but I really hasn't seen much of that on "The Walking Dead".

The thing that I'd expect most people to be uncomfortable with would be the gory zombie chompin' and the violent zombie killings.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings