Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Did anyone dig on FIVE CAME BACK (1939) this morning?

markbeckuaf

Always love this flick, no matter how many times I've seen it! Perfect ensemble cast in danger and isolated from the world, it's a great cast and a great story!!! Chester Morris rocks as the pilot, and you've never seen Lucille Ball be sexier in one of her best roles ever! Anyone else get up early to dig on this flick this morning? Great way to wake up on an off day! Thanks, TCM!

> {quote:title=markbeckuaf wrote:}{quote}

> Always love this flick, no matter how many times I've seen it! Perfect ensemble cast in danger and isolated from the world, it's a great cast and a great story!!! Chester Morris rocks as the pilot, and you've never seen Lucille Ball be sexier in one of her best roles ever! Anyone else get up early to dig on this flick this morning? Great way to wake up on an off day! Thanks, TCM!

I always dig this one Mark. It's so much heavier than most other films of 1939 - Cannibalism, deciding who lives and who dies, and what is a murder/suicide in spirit although not technically. I wonder how this one got past the censors of that time, but I'm glad it did.

> {quote:title=ArchieCarstairs wrote:}{quote}Love this flick, Oh Cool One.

> Hey! Check out all the early 30s flicks coming up on Monday.

> Will be following your lead and groovin!

> -Arch

Thanks, Arch!!! Oh yes, I'm all over that for the coming week!!! Will post my grooves tomorrow! :) Glad you are grooving to lots of cool flix!!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings