Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"Clear all Wires" - and DVRs too - for tomorrow's schedule!

LsDoorMat

I'm not trying to steal Mark's franchise, but you must get your DVRs ready for tomorrow's line-up celebrating Una Merkel's birthday!

The highlights -

Beauty for Sale - A great sophisticated precode centered in an upscale beauty salon.

Clear All Wires - Lee Tracy as a fast-talking journalist. Yeah, he's done it before but it's always fun to watch.

Day of Reckoning and Whistling in the Dark (1933, no Red Skelton) are two precode crime films worth your time.

Women in his Life - A very sexually explicit precode in which Otto Kruger seems to be punishing "the women in his life" by bedding them and then discarding them. Why??? Watch and find out.

I haven't seen the others, but these alone are worth recording.

I remember seeing BABY FACE HARRINGTON quite some time ago, and for a Raoul Walsh film, it was a bit of a letdown. As with ME AND MY GAL, it takes a while for the story to get rolling, Walsh fills the first half of the film with gags that don't always work.

Walsh made some great dramatic gangster films, going back to the silent REGENERATION, but this spoof relies mostly on Charles Butterworth who does his best and who really did deserve a better showcase. It's not at all unwatchable, but be prepared.

This will definitely be another busy day for the DVR.

Don't forget to check on the film runtimes too!

There are a few tight squeezes in there. I'm most concerned about *Sweethearts of the USA* which TCM has in a 60 minute slot. The schedule lists the film as running 60 minutes but the TCM database has the film at 60 or 63-64 minutes. IMDB has the film listed at 63 minutes.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings