Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"Casablanca" piano up for auction

dpompper

I am sort of disappointed that the comb S.Z. Sakall used to fix his hair between takes hasn't been placed on auction. Or what about the many chairs that Ingrid Bergman used to sit down and rest while studying her lines? And what about the time Estelle Mayce visited Bogart on the set...surely there is a photo of that somewhere that could fetch a handsome price.

Just think of all the famous movie props from all the famous movies, average props that were used in so many other movies, they eventually wore out and were thrown away. Think of all of Scarlett's dresses and Rhett's suits.

I wonder what happened to the piano from Rick's Cafe? And the Letters of Transit signed by General DeGaulle?

> I wonder what happened to the piano from Rick's Cafe?

It's on display at the Warner's Museum which is located on the Warner's lot in Burbank. The guy who owns the Paris piano up for auction also owns the piano from Rick's and it's at the Warner's Museum on a long-term loan.

> {quote:title=lzcutter wrote:}{quote}

> > I wonder what happened to the piano from Rick's Cafe? It's on display at the Warner's Museum which is located on the Warner's lot in Burbank. The guy who owns the Paris piano up for auction also owns the piano from Rick's and it's at the Warner's Museum on a long-term loan.

The piano hasn't been at the Museum in years.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings