Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Loving Una Merkel Day!!

lydecker

> {quote:title=InFlynn wrote:

> }{quote}Una usually is fun to watch but "Sweethearts Of The U.S.A". was such a stinker even she couldn't make it watchable. She must have needed a quick buck for something or other to ever sign on to that project.

I agree it was a stinker. But you know what? It was probably the highlight of the Una Merkel day for me because it was the only one I'd never seen before. (And I do love Monogram movies!)

It wasn't "unwatchable" for me, but certianly not as good as all those great pre-codes they showed earlier in the day.

And for a Monogram movie (some of which don't look so good) the print was great - picture bright and clear, sound loud and clear.

Yep, there were a couple of stinkers in the "Una Merkel Film Festival" but, hell, any Una

film is watchable to me. All of the films are taped and now part of my permanent collection since

it is doubtful a "Best of Una Merkel" will be released anytime soon. (Even though it should!)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings