CRAZY HOUSE (1943)

CHIP OFF THE OLD BLOCK (1944)

THIS IS THE LIFE (1944)

PARDON MY RHYTHM (1944)

IVY (1947)

IN ENEMY COUNTRY (1968)

Free Patric from the vaults!

• 2 years later...

Some of these films are available to the public, but not all, sadly.  I am a big fan of the Universal Horror films.  I mentioned in a recent post that in The Mystery of Marie Roget there is missing musical footage.  During the beginning of a waltz when Marie is dancing with her companion, we hear the strains of a beuatiful waltz.  After about a minute and a half to two minutes she steps outside and music continues for about 30 seconds. 

In the restored version all looks great, but the waltz music is missing!  We hear about 20 seconds of another brief waltz while Marie is dancing.  Wonder how they blundered and made this mistake? 

Anyway, I sent a copy of the film (the kind of snowy print I had from about 15 years ago when I taped it) and the brand new restored version.  My friend watched and listened to both.  Yes, she "heard"   the same thing.  Don't think it was intentional, but I think they should be aware of the mistake.  To me it was a haunting music that made a lovely backdrop for the film.

• Like 1

I've always enjoyed THE STRANGE CASE OF DR. RX. Knowles and my Universal dream girl Anne Gwynne (never lovelier than in this picture) star as a road company Nick & Nora Charles.  Really a shame they didn't make a series out of this pairing, with Edmund MacDonald as their Police Lt. pal and Shemp Howard as his dimwit (natch) assistant.  Big comedy from wonderful Mantan Moreland.  The only problem was the mystery itself was a wet firecracker with Lionel Atwill playing a small role as a red herring.  But it was a fine showcase for Patric Knowles as a leading light comedian.

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings