Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

the bells of st. marys

hondoman

I checked the TCMdatabase for you. Not scheduled in the next 3 months.

There's a thread called Information, Please. If you post questions like this one, you will probably get more responses. Also, if you look at the top of this page on the far right you can type in the name of the film, or actor you are looking for, then click on search. The information will be there. Hope that helps.

Marquee+2+cropped.jpg

and in The Godfather, Michael and Kay went to this movie.

I really like this better than Going My Way, and so must have alot of other people because Bells of St Marys was big box office that year. Going My Way is good and the Irish in me likes it, but I like the Christmas , Bells Of St Marys more. I like the story, and one heck of a great ending.

Perhaps some other channel will show it.....or may I suggest there are still some Blockbusters and Family Videos and such out there that could use the holiday bussiness. It should be a pretty cheap rental in the oldies section. Your Library might also have it for free. ....If you really like it, it might be worth adding to your collection for this and future holidays.

I didn't see it on AMC either, and in Googling up to see if it is on any network, I haven't found anything. I did see one google of a critics opinion that it is not a good Christmas movie because it is too religious. This critic seems to prefer anything Santa Clause and take Christ out of Christmas and make it X-mas. To each their own. I choose to not watch a 1980s movie about a yuppie that has a nice job, nice house, nice wife, nice family, most family members still alive, but is upset because he doesn't get a Christmas bonus that he doesn't need for Christmas but would like to put in an underground pool in his backyard and use the rest of the bonus to fly in all his relatives to show of his yuppie success. In the hard times of the 2000s, I find it hard to care if this 1980s guy that has everything gets his pool or not. Like some of you, give me a movie like Bells Of St Marys, or as the Grinch discovered, " Perhaps Christmas doesn't come from a store.....Perhaps Christmas means a little bit more ".

I hope you find it if you want to see it, it's out there, somewhere, at a library or a video store, perhaps even pay per view on cable. I looked for you to see if it can be watched on Internet for free, and maybe it can but it didn't come up easy enough for me. I looked in TCM Shop and I didn't see it. Some parts on YouTube but I didn't see the Full Length movie. ...That doesn't mean it can't be rented or purchased and watched, good luck in finding it because the movie is out there, just not on TCM it seems. I would think most Blockbusters would have this classic.

Edited by: WhyaDuck on Dec 14, 2012 2:27 PM

Edited by: WhyaDuck on Dec 14, 2012 3:19 PM

Good News.....I Found It......You will need speakers on your computer, very easy to hook up and cheap. ........YouTube. ( you can Google it up if you need to ). Put in Bells Of St Marys. Its in 11 parts, so just go to part 1, part 2, ect.....It comes right up for free, no downloading or anything like that. ...It's pretty easy, heck, I did it.

If I may get way with this info, you can pull up Bob Hope Christmas Special 1967, Bing-Berle-Durante on Hollywood Palace, Groucho on Hollywood Palace, Full episode of Groucho on Gleason show, and just about anything you can think of and type in on YouTube and watch for free. Alot of movie stars on Whats My Line Shows. I must recommend Henny Youngman roasting Don Rickles and anything of Youngman roasting somebody, if you really want a good laugh. Also Hope, Bing and John Wayne on Tonight Show with Don Rickles is great. Some good YouTube stuff for free.

Bells Of St Marys...free...11 parts to click on....but the entire movie is there....you can pull it up free now if you are so inclined. Go to part 1 picture and just click on the picture, it came right on for me.

I hope this helps some of you wanting to see this Holiday classic.

Edited by: WhyaDuck on Dec 14, 2012 4:07 PM

Edited by: WhyaDuck on Dec 14, 2012 4:33 PM

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings