Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I Just Bought A Hollywood Dress Pattern!

Tikisoo

...for $1!

(well, Syracuse is a depressed rust belt area)

I spotted it and took a chance it may be what it seemed to be; a pattern for a dress Jane Wyatt wore in a film. This morning I did some internet sleuthing and found:

http://www.antiquetrader.com/articles/movies/vintage_hollywood_movie_star_sewing_patterns

Wow-all this talk about beautiful costumes in films and there you are! An ebay search yielded several interesting patterns available-including a GWTW group!

If you have the talent to cut & sew a pattern, you'll have enough know-how to retro fit a dress to your own size. What fun!

mfju7itE4FnW7wjm0PBupEw.jpg

m-UpGtzDv2vw2PNEt1WADTw.jpg

mgdBuGPkTKbOzJutvyA75og.jpg

Over the years I have known and partied with some women who loved wearing vintage dresses/outfits they found at thrift or vintage stores. Being the Hollywood area where these shops were at, they sometimes wondered if the original owners might've been a name back in the day. Needless to say, their glamorous getups were at minimum conversation starters, and often great crowd pleasers,

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings