Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What happened to DVD/Blu-ray cases?!

OHMSS69

There is something that has irritated me for some time, and I'd like to know what you people think. Has anybody noticed that DVD/Blu-ray cases now come with this BIZARRE pattern when you open the case?! There are arrows pointing clockwise on the left side, and a wagon wheel type pattern on the right side.

Here is what I DO NOT like: These cases offer no protection from the DVD/Blu-ray insert from becoming ripped if something is dropped on it or there is some other kind of other accident. I've been buying my own replacement cases from a place called Bags Unlimited in Rochester, New York (been a customer for 20 years) including Blu-ray replacement cases.

Who invented these incredibly STUPID DVD/Blu-ray cases and WHY??!!

I believe it is an effort to make them environmentally friendly. The spiral with arrows is the recycle symbol. It may seem a small amount of plastic is missing but when multiplied by the millions of cases which are made it becomes a significant reduction in oil-derived plastic.

I believe the feeling is that the ideal area for such reduction is behind the DVD because the outer cover and insert prevent the entry of foreign objects and it is an area which people wish to keep clear of foreign objects because they could damage the DVD when it is replaced into the case.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings