Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Does anyone know this film??

Guest keeney, eileen

Guest keeney, eileen

The story takes place during WWII. A couple is getting ready to leave their apartment & there is a bombing. They end up geting on a large ship. They begin to realize that everyone on board is dead & at the end of the movie they realize that they were killed in the bombing. Does anyone know the name of this film?

It sounds like it could be the film "Between Two Worlds" made by Warner Brothers in 1944. The players are John Garfield, Paul Henreid, Eleanor Parker and Sidney Greenstreet.

• 1 month later...
Guest Novak, Marty

Why has the John Wane movie "No Highway in the Sky" not been on any channel for over 30 years. It is a very good movie. The last time I saw the movie was on WGN chicago back in the late 1960's

Marty it was James Stewart who starred in "No Highway in the Sky" (1951). Perhaps your thinking of John Wayne in "Island in the Sky" (1953) a survival story of a downed transport plane in Greenland during WW2.

I believe the film is having the same trouble for release as Wayne's "The High and the Mighty" since it is also a Batjac production which I believe was Wayne's company. There seems to be a lot of difficulty of rights going on.