Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Real and Reel Life

wouldbestar

Yesterday afternoon when hearing about the killings in Connecticut I thought of the scene in *A Man* *Alone* when Wes/Ray Milland-a hired gun-discovers the stagecoach and murdered passengers. He is horrified to see a woman among the dead then revolted when he sees the doll and finds the little girl’s remains in the coach. This is too much even for a gunman.

While I grieve with the parents my heart also goes out to the law enforcement and medical people who must spend this week-end removing the bodies of these children and preparing the school to resume classes. These images will remain with them throughout their lives to their psychological detriment.

I hear ya, wouldbestar. In "Ride the High Country" there is a scene where Gil Westrum( Randolph Scott) and Steve Judd(Joel McCrea) are talking as they are riding along the trail and Gil says..."Is that all you want, Steve?"...and Steve responds..."All I want is to enter my Father's house justified"

Those 20 children from the Sandy Hook School in Newtown, Conn, are in their Father's house tonight.

lanetemple

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings