Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sepiatone

OT: A moment of silence and prayer

It's not friendly and it's full of sarcasm because it is harkening back to the mid summer when we had a very ugly exchange of insults where vicious name calling and other such nonsense were involved. Perhaps you don't recall that?

But hey some people smile in different ways. Maybe he's being complimentary on how I had to report his previous offensive behavior. Go figure.

Gotta say I agree with JUST about everything you just wrote there, Swithin!

(...'cept of course I think you COULD'VE uppercased a just few of those words there, and JUST to place some emphasis on a few of 'em, ya know!) ;)

LOL

Please let's get back to a discussion of guns and the Second Amendment. This is just way too much fun. People implying I'm the one with rancor. Please.

How am I suffering? The people who are suffering are those in Connecticut who had to endure this awful nightmare.

Please, darkblue at least if you're going to make sarcastic comments, and if you're honest with yourself you know it was sarcasm, don't come back to me and feign innocence as if i'm creating something untoward. I object to people insulting my intelligence.

Keep smiling, Labatt Blue smiles along with you.

Nope, actually Raquel, I thought dark's response to ya WAS just a little over the top right down there.(and if ANYBODY knows about bein' "over the top" around here, it sure would be ME, wouldn't it?!) ;)

Yep, ya see, metaphorically speaking, he made you sound as if you were the kid immediately running to the principal's office to report some bad behavior by your fellow classmates, whereas I just got the impression that you were more the kid standin' by the classroom door and attempting to warn your fellow classmates that the principal was on his or her way TO the classroom.

(...but I ALSO got the feelin' that because of past experiences between you two, THAT'S why he wrote what he wrote, and NOT the thing I JUST wrote!)

;)

> {quote:title=darkblue wrote:}{quote}You're definately much more sensitive than anyone else, that's for sure.

Your opinion on that is noted. I disagree, however. Your sarcasm is definitely more pronounced than most.

I am certain you are not the least concerned with my suffering so please knock off the pretense so then maybe we can have a productive discussion of the topic at hand instead of all this personalization.

Since you mention countries like the UK and this reminded me about how Morgan keep bringing up other countries like Australia; Yea gun control laws did have an impact but these nations didn't have the massive stockpile of guns the US already has in the hands of private citizens. I see that as a major differences and thus the analogies don't really 'fit' in my view. Again, like I posted before, I'm not against stronger gun control laws but I do admit I'm a cynic as it relates to how effective they would be given all the existing guns already out there.

You certainly said it much better than I could have in your very own inimitable Dargo2 way; a friendly way that brings a pleasant smile to my face. Merci beaucoup. ;)

> {quote:title=finance wrote:}{quote}I assume there is no "Right to bear arms" in Canada.

I'm aghast that no one has brought up the discussion of the "Right to arm bears".

James, I'm the cynical, jaded New Yorker here! And yes, there are alot of guns out there, but we have to start somewhere.

Another big issue is how films and video games influence kids. The first place I traveled to in Europe was Edinburgh, because that's where my favorite childhood film, Journey to the Center of the Earth, took place (at least above ground). So I was influenced by that and other films, hopefully in socially acceptable ways. How do the violent films and video games (I LOVE to play DOOM, which is rather lame by today's standards) influence kids? Why are the most heinous of these violent crimes not created by girls? There's alot we don't understand, but hopefully if there is commitment, understanding will come.

> {quote:title=darkblue wrote:}{quote}I understand that you're a person who is at all times coiled to leap into combat. Nevertheless, it's only fair that your comments can be responded to the same as anyone else's. There are meditation techniques that can be helpful in the management of over-reactive compulsion. Not that I'm recommending them to you, of course - just sayin'.

You're wrong. Very wrong. I use humor in my posts and am not looking for a disagreement with you.

You have steadfastly refused to acknowledge our past difficulties and try to project any reaction on my part as some type of compulsion. It is statements like the above that are inappropriate because they elevate it to a subjective personal level. I must have really got under your skin because you refuse to let this go. Are you a doctor qualifed to make an evaluation of compulsion? If so, then this is not the forum for such malarkey. I don't have to take this garbage from you.

You understand nothing about me so please keep your comments to yourself. You are beginning to say some rather outlandish comments.

I understand you like to argue. Please prove me wrong.

Well if this thread is locked up by the Admin it will not be over politics but instead the type of back and forth between posters, that just can't get along, we are seeing now

*(JJG said): Since you mention countries like the UK and this reminded me about how Morgan keep bringing up other countries like Australia; Yea gun control laws did have an impact but these nations didn't have the massive stockpile of guns the US already has in the hands of private citizens. I see that as a major differences and thus the analogies don't really 'fit' in my view. Again, like I posted before, I'm not against stronger gun control laws but I do admit I'm a cynic as it relates to how effective they would be given all the existing guns already out there.*

A little while ago I read an article in the timesleader.com, pointing out that when other countries had such mass killings, stronger gun laws were put into place. In this article was a quote from a member of the Dunblane (Scotland) community council, where he said, "It is not for us to tell the U.S. about gun control. That is for the people there... What happened here (the 1996 killing of 16 children) was similar in many respects, but the wider culture is different."

That's one point of view. I also think Swithin (who I'm also replying to) brings up a good point about the violent films and video games influencing kids. I personally would like to see more gun control, but I think there are larger cultural issues also, as Swithin is alluding to.

Talking about politics will often create that kind of disagreement. But it also happened in a thread talking about John Dall, so you never know.

---"Well if this thread is locked up by the Admin it will not be over politics but instead the type of back and forth between posters, that just can't get along, we are seeing now."

And ya know james, I'm gonna now agree with YOU TOO here, ol' buddy!

(...yep, okay you two..."get a room!") ;)

LOL

I'm sorry if I have offended you but please I've bought the Labatt Blue that smiles along with you and have reservations for two to the executive suite at The Royal York in Toronto. Are you game, monsieur?

Si vous plait?

OH! Well Raquel, I think both you AND dark are acting like adults here.

(...a couple of adults fighting over CUSTODY RIGHTS, anyway...and while your kid over there if playin' around with a freakin' AK-47!!!)

LOL

;)

....and soooooo...ABOUT that 2nd Amendment....

(...boy, I never would've thought in a million years that attempting to return to THAT subject would somehow lessen the chances of Michael wielding his Hammer of Smiting, but I guess ya never know, huh!!!)

LOL

I'm a lover not a fighter.

We're supposed to check in by 8:00 PM. I've got an album of our favoirte song to play.

It's Jethro Tull's Living in the Past.

:^0 :^0

Dargo, be careful! I had a friend once who saw a couple fighting viciously on the street. He was so alarmed, he went over to try to break it up. They stopped for a moment, looked at him with hatred in their eyes, and shrieked, "MIND YOUR OWN F@<.## BUSINESS."

My impression is, they like to fight with each other; there's something going on there that we don't understand!

Like Gilda saying to Johnny, "I hate you so much I can't stand it..." Too kinky.