Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Mean

MacCaulayConnor

so why does everything have to turn mean? we don't care about your political opinion .we don't care who you voted for or why. this is a forum for movie lovers. I can't explain why I love Mary Astor more than I ever could love Julia Roberts. I can't explain why I I love Jimmy Stewart more than it's possibe that I could ever lover Brad Pitt.. Good actors? yes. great perhaps. But , IN MY HEART, the old stars will never be replaced... Are u 25? 39? 48? 59? ........I DON'T CARE.....when Tracy Lord looks up at me in the library with a look of ........love?......it's all good....it's all worth it.....I am sick to my stomach watching the news this week...and the movies,......the movies......they are my salvatio,,,,sorry for my soap box,,,I have just had it,,,,,,with hate

Well Tracy Lord didn't really give anyone a look of love (she was a cold hearted women), until the last scene! :)

Which Tracy did you like better: Kate or Grace?

As for having it with Hate; Well there is a funny line about that from the TV show Get Smart; Max is talking to a therapist and the therapist says he has to go to a meeting. Max asks him what type. The therapist says he is going to a meeting to discuss hate groups and that there are just too many of them. The punch line is that he tells Max; we are a group that hates hate groups, we hate hate!. The look on Max's face is the final punch line.

MacCaulay, Really nice, lovely sentiment; I think we all feel that way, that's why we're here. How can any man or woman, of whatever sexual persuasion, look at Marlene Dietrich singing "Falling in Love Again" in The Blue Angel and not fall in love, with her, and with the movies? There are a million examples like yours, and mine.

The OP is right. Why DO some in here have to be mean? Isn't it enough to agree to disagree? I see nothing wrong with some mean-spirited sounding opinions of certain actors and actresses, as long as they're posted in the spirit of "tongue-in-cheek" good nature, or to flex one's level of wit, but towards other members is just uncalled for. Here's an example:

Who could NOT fall in love with Marlene Dietrich after seeing her in *The Blue Angel* sing "Falling In Love Again"? Anyone with EYES and EARS most likely!

Compared to:

If you can fall in love with Dietrich at anytime shows that YOU have SH** for brains!

If anyone wishes to attack an actor or actress that I seem to adore, feel free. As long as it's THEM you're attacking, NOT me.

Sepiatone

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings