Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A Christmas Carol -- Alister Sim

dorothy.lehmann

Last night I watched the classic, "A Christmas Carol." I remember watching this film several times as a young adult. It appears as though a lot of parts were edited out of this classic from the original. For example: the speech that Scrooge's nephew made to his uncle at the beginning of the movie; when Bob Cratchet was going home on Christmas Eve, he was sliding on some ice with other children; after Scrooge woke up on Christmas morning and walked through the town and ran into the gentlemen who came into his office the day before and now promised to make a generous donation. There are many other scenes I remember that are not in this version and I was very disappointed. Does anyone remember that original movie, or am I just imagining it? Thanks.

Welcome to the boards, Dorothy. I think you are confusing this version with MGM's 1938 version which starred Reginald Owen as Scrooge. That version is being shown on AMC these days, so you can probably catch it and see for yourself. If you do, I hope you don't mind a seemingly endless stream of commercials.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings