Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Most Sexless Stars

predictable66

Why repeat the same old line about 'classic'? If TCM's goal is to show 'classic' movies, than of course it should show movies made in the last 20 or so years, since there are 'classic' movies from that time period.

The use of the term 'classic' leads to a meaningless vague discussion in my view. Using Studio era movie leads to a very specific discussion; what percentage of TCM programing should be devoted to NON Studio-Era movies? My wish would be no more than around 15%.

I don't think the discussion of something specific is boring, but discussions about what the definition of 'classic' is, are very boring.

Indeed, the word "classic" can be seen in many a different light. When applied to music, even modern day "orchestral" music is categorized by many as "classical".

And, sad to say, I know a few dipwads who would consider the movie *Talladega Nights* to be a "classic"!

Sepiatone

Trust me here; I never take your post seriously. (no offensive, just that Dargo and you are the town jokers here and I mean that 100% in a good way).

I just couldn't stop myself from mentioning how bogus the term 'classic' is as it relates to how many movies TCM should or should not show from certain eras.

Edited by: jamesjazzguitar on Dec 18, 2012 6:06 PM

I'm glad you bumped this thread back up, VX. I wanted to get in another word on a sexless movie actor - Don Knotts.

Okay, he's known primarily for his TV work, but he did act in movies, however bad they were. ;)

(Edit: I had forgotten there were two threads with the same title - should have posted in the other one...)

Edited by: EugeniaH on Dec 22, 2012 11:37 AM

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings