Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trying To Find

Bursky

I am trying to find the name of this old film. Some time ago I saw a film about a young guy trying to sell his songs. I only caught the last few minutes of it. The part I saw, the actor was performing on stage of a theater. He was doing his act. He was doing impressions of Al Jolson, Eddie Cantor, & some others. The performer is a big hit. In the theater watching him perform are some big producers. They love his act, and offer him a contract. The film looked like some old black & white musical comedy from the early 30's. I thought the actor was Georgie Jessel. The leading lady reminded me of Ann Southern. But I don't think it was her. I think the actor even did an impression of Lanny Ross. Not sure. This might even have been one of those one reelers. Does anyone know the title of this movie? Whoever the actor was, the act he did was great. Would love to see this again. Thank you.

Edited by: Bursky on Dec 19, 2012 4:13 AM

That sounds a lot like the 1929 Vitaphone one-reel short DON'T GET NERVOUS starring Georgie Price.

Info here:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0230150/maindetails

Check out the Storyline and User Reviews to see if they might remind you of the film you saw.

This short does turn up on TCM occasionally. It is also available on DVD on the recently-released "Vitaphone Varieties, Volume 2" from Warner Archives.

The only problem is that you mentioned a leading lady, and there isn't one in this short.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings