Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"River Of No Return": Mitchum + Monroe magic

VP19

Seeing this makes one wish they had made more movies together, as Bob brought out an inner toughness in Marilyn lacking in many of her other films; they had splendid chemistry. Moreover, the setting was wonderful, and almost made you forgive the obvious rear projection of the more dangerous rafting scenes.

Your thoughts?

Yes, the world could end on Thursday, Friday, 10 years from now, 1,000 years from now, etc.. yes, no one knows when, if ever, the world will end.

But to believe the world will end on a certain date because of what some group said thousands of years ago? Again, I don't wish to say how I really feel about that since my insult someone.

You know I have never really given much thought to what you asked but after reading your post I agree with you. I'm not much of a Monroe fan but a major Mitchum fan and while River is one of my favorite Monroe movies because of Mitchum, it is also one of my favorite Monroe performances. As you noted she plays a stronger women in this and that is a lot more appealing to me than the Monroe in so many of her other movies.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings