Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[b]REPOST:[/b] Message From TCMWebAdmin 22December

Reposting this recent message from TCMWebAdmin posted here -

http://forums.tcm.com/thread.jspa?threadID=167668&tstart=0

Read it. Take it to heart. And learn from it.

-------------------------------

Posted Dec. 22, 2012

*You Will be Banned...*

This forum is a place where you can share and discuss ideas about classic films. You have implicity agreed to abiding by the Code of Conduct.

If you respond to ANY poster in a disrespectful, sarcastic, rude, insulting and demeaning manner, you may be banned without any further discussion or warning from me. I am the sole judge of what constitutes disrespectful, sarcastic, rude, insulting or demeaning. Some of you need to grow a thicker skin. A disagreement with your opinion or point of view is not in itself an insult. If you don't want people to disagree with you or, in some cases, make fun of your ideas, then perhaps you should not post.

Further note, and note this well: There is NO excuse. If someone is behaving badly toward you, please let me know with the report abuse function and I'll look into the situation. Those of you who feel you have a right to ignore this warning will lose their right to post.

End of Story

Michael/TCMWebAdmin

----------------------------------

I do not know if I should be flattered or offended because my posts have not attracted action.

I am very proud of my verbal abilities vis a vis sarcasm and I practice it often in writing.

I do not know if my sarcasm in this forum has been so subtle that it has gone unnoticed or if it is considered so well done that the moderator grants artistic licence or if I have failed at it so miserably that it is not recognized for what it is.

Perhaps I should give sarcasm a rest and try to polish my snarking skills. :)

> {quote:title=Swithin wrote:}{quote}

> Happy Boxing Day to all!

I wish for you also a Happy Boxing Day!

I believe that with the amount of clutter to now be cleared it may be more appropriate to call it "Trash-Sack Day".

Perhaps that's my issue: I was operating under the impression that the art of sacrasm was akin to the patter of snarking, as well as the notion that my username was an homage to a Russ Meyer flick.

And remember folks: the cheaper the crook, the gaudier the patter.

Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Again)

> {quote:title=RaquelVixen wrote:}{quote}

> Perhaps that's my issue: I was operating under the impression that the art of sacrasm was akin to the patter of snarking,

They are surely akin.

I consider sarcasm to be when a factor of it is a hope that showing how ridiculous the target is will elicit some form of cognitive response.

I consider snark to be when there is no factor other than open derision.

Other people may make other differentiations.

It's been a busy day for me and I'm just now getting to this. RaquelVixen has been placed on post-moderation, which means nothing she posts will appear unless I personally approve it.

There just doesn't need to be this much foolish drama on a forum about old movies. Politics, religion or gun control, sure. But not TCM.