Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

elinorkrieger-new kid on the block

Anybody that's interested in the old classics, the silents, the drama-mysteries, please say hi! to me and fill me in on your favorites. So far my list includes:

Kathryn Hepburn, Myrna Loy, Joan Crawford, Bette Davis and more but I just don't know their names yet. My list of guys includes Cary Grant, Jimmy Stewart, John Wayne, William Powell, Robert Taylor, Van Johnson to name a few.

I have been busy at TCM, Movies Unlimited, and Amazon.com getting all my favorites on DVD or VHS so when they drop a generation I'll still have them to enjoy.

As for the silents I'm into Charlie Chaplin, Harold Lloyd and Buster Keaton. Anymore I should know about?

Thanks for reading and responding!

Hi and welcome to the boards! I'm interested in the same thing as you (haha, no wonder, considering the website we are on!) I like Myrna Loy too, and I also like Greer Garson, Maureen O'Hara, Joan Fontaine, Deborah Kerr, Barbara Stanwyck, and many more. For men, I love Cary Grant, Jimmy Stewart, Robert Montgomery, John Wayne, Walter Pidgeon, and that list goes on as well! I hope you enjoy exploring these boards - it is a lot of fun!

You spell your name just like Elinor Donahue, who was a great little movie actress, till she grew up and became Princess on "Father Knows Best".

If you like classic movies, then you have come to the right place. I like all the people you mention, and so many more. I'm partial to people like Claudette Colbert, or the William Powell and the Melvyn Douglas types, who lent so much witty sophistication to the Golden Age films.

Hope you enjoy your time here!

You will fit in really well here. All classic movie fans welcome. I enjoy all the actors you stated. I have been a classic movie fan for years, and there are 100's of films on my waiting list to see. You have a lifetime of joy ahead of you for sure. I suggest looking back for the "essentials" threads to find some really great movie suggestions. See ya around! : )

Welcome elinor! I've been here a few months and I like it a lot. Hope you enjoy reading and posting around. I've learned many things just from reading what others have written. The experts here really know their stuff!

You've got a great list of favorites-Cary Grant is my #1 man. Also I'm a big Katherine Hepburn & Bette Davis fan.

Also love Judy Garland and Judy Holliday. And if it isn't obvious from my screen name, I'm a huge fan of classic horror films.

For silents, have you seen any Roscoe 'Fatty'Arbuckle's films? He's also very funny and I think I read here or on a silent film site that his collection will soon be or already is available on DVD.

Hope to see you on the boards!!